cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exponential Value handling in Real type field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one Field having Type = Real. So here my question is : How the exponential values are handeled in Ream type field in MDM. Because if i try to provide some vale into that field, it accepts maximum of 7 numeric digits at one time and if it's more than that, then it will not save any value.

But if the value is coming from Portal/BPM, its saving the exponential value. Please advise what can be the fix for this so that it should work appropriately?

Regards:

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I would suggest rather than field of Type Real, you should go for field of Type Text where you will not have these issue. Further in order to have Integer values only in this field of Type Text, you can write Validation which will take care of it.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

this si by design and not a bug

change the field to float as said earlier

write an assignment to copy existing data for records in any empty field

then create a new field of type double and then copy again back to this field

thanks

-Adrivit

Edited by: Adrivit on Apr 13, 2011 5:53 PM

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

MDM supports real numbers containing up to 7 significant digits, since it's a 4-byte real field.

If yiu use data needing more digits, I suggest you use a extended MDM data type "Currency" field, which is a Real8 field displayed with a currency symbol. Since this uses a 8-byte real field, it allows for greater precision.

Check note 1344840 for more information:

You may implement a Float field which has double capacity and may

contain the big numbers you would like to import or populate. In order

to achieve a Float field, you need to create your field as Currency type

(and set to Null the currency symbol if needed).

BR,

Carlos