SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to articles by changing the reference article

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have done customizing in transaction OMSR in order to enable the changes to dependent articles by changing the reference article.

The issue is that it doesnt work.

Can anyone tell me maybe what could be the issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Let me try answer this query on what it mean in 1st place, though its very open ended, if you need more specific answer, please restrict it as to what you been trying to populate in the article from the different reference objects available including merchandise category reference article.

Referencing from customizing hold lowest priority when it comes to providing reference data to the article master. so basically, you can't directly co-relate activities done in OMSR and MC Reference Article. Also MC reference article is higher in priority to copy reference data to article master. At the same time any changes done in MC reference article will be applicable for the further creation of articles but not to existing article master data.

Also, please make sure that there is on direct reference happening with any the existing articles at the time of creation of new articles, as this reference is, again, higher in priority to Merchandise Category reference article.

At the same time, every data can't be referenced from either means of reference available.

I hope you query is reasonably answered, if you need any further info, please elaborate your question.

Regards,

Kunwar

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing reference article will not change all.

You will need to change it at the higher level, eg S999 or D999