Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for theRequirment:File2File Transfer by validating two file names

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly help me for the below requirement.

Requirement:

PI should pick two files from the FTP folder and will drop it to another FTP folder with out any mapping just pass through.these two files are having different Extensions(EX: .XML and .TXT) and its related to one another(two files data are related) so PI only transfer if both files are present else if there is only one file PI should not transfer the files.

Note:File names are same for both the files with different extension(Ex: ABC_<timestamp>.XML and ABC_<timestamp>.TXT)

thanks and Regards,

Manikandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into below link.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FiletofilewithoutusingwithIntegration+Repository

Regards

Aashish Sinha

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Aashish,

That link contains the pass through interface without IR but PI need to validate the file name and if both the file names are same then PI should transfer the file to target else shouldn't transfer the file.

Regards,

Manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need to write module for it. I don't think you can do it by standard features of XI. You can look for alternative approaches also which may be easier like batch file, abap or java program.

Regards

Inder

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are just thinking to use BPM for this.can anyone explain us how do we use BPM for this requirement.

Regards,

Manikandan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best option for this requirement is using operating system commands,

Just create one more directory , use OS commands to move the files to new directory when two files present in original directory,then configure file adapter to pick up files new directory(folder).

or even we can achieve this requirement using only OS Commands,if you know good scripting.

if you decided to go for BPM then you have to develop ESR objects....

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

One more option to do this without BPM:

Try using the additional files option in the Sender File Channel.

If source File name is MyFile.xml

In additional files

File List: MyFile.txt

Parameters:
MyFile.txt.namePart  -  ".xml"=".txt"
MyFile.txt.optional  -  NO
MyFile.txt.type  -  text/plain

By having this setting done. The files will be picked only when both the files are placed and when both of them have the file names as "MyFile"

Regards,

Aravind

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandhan,

The requirement cannot be achieved by standard features of SAP XI/PI. I think it would be better to use OS command script to validate if both files are present and then configure the communication channel to pick the files.

Thanks,

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Hareenkumar ,

We are not allowed to use Scripts in my company and we have only option either BPM or Module.In this case i want to go for BPM.

can anyone tell me how can i achieve this with BPM and Module.give me a link to refer which is related to the above requirement if you know any.

Regards,

Manikandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BPM for this purpose, you will have to use correlation in BPM since both the files are inter-dependent.

Use Block step inside which you will have to use Fork step to collect the messages.

You would need 2 branches in Fork step, for every branch use first 'Receive' step and then 'Send' step.

The correlation needs to be used in this case since both the files are inter-dependent.

-Supriya.