Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read only message

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I downloaded a selection data from a PA in prod server using the button'save locally' and then tried to upload the same file into the similar PA in a sandbox. But it is saying that the file is read only so is not saving any data. Can anybody suggest a solution on this? I made all appropriate settings like save foe uploading later and all while saving the CSV file.

-Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Do you have any time periods in the past which are for display only and not ready for input???

If yes, I think the system is trying to copy values into the time periods in the past which are only in display mode. But I tried doing the same on my system, it just gives me a warning but it still copies data into all ready for input cells. The warning message i get is /SAPAPO/SDP_UPLOAD014 - 'Contents of a cell from a file are not transferred; read-only'.

Is the system giving you a warning or an error. If you are getting the same warning message, then I guess you are fine as all the editable cells are being copied. If you want to copy data into the past time periods as well, then you might have to change the setting in Planning book and make the past time periods ready for input as well.

Hope that solves your problem.

Regards,

Shiv.

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi maverick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have one doubt, just for the testing purpose I saved the selection data locally from version 000 and trying to upload it using using 'upload data' button into a version 111. Both versions belong to the same planning area. Even though it is only displaying the data and not saving. what might be the problem?

-Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats odd..Does the system give you any message when you try to save the data after the upload?

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

When I hit on a 'check' button, it gives the message with yellow light saying data cannot be uploaded, it is read only. SO it just uploads temporarily so that I can see it but can not perform any activity on that and even it does not save it. When I hit save button it says "Data partly after horizon 10/01/2008 to 04/01/2012" (my str bkt profile, and time series objects start at 01/01/2008 and end at 12/31/2015) . what you say?

-Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check 'Peroid Information' settings and time buckets profiles of both the source and target planning books. If there is any difference in these settings in the 2 planning books, that explains the error. Otherwise, I have no idea about why you would get that message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Pls check if your selection has all the materials/ chars as downloaded from P server. Usually, they don't match between P and D servers. So the uploading can fail if the number of rows donot match.

Thx

Venkat

former_member226466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Both PAs are exact replica of each other and contain both char n KFs exactly the same. Any other reason?

-Neha