cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman_stms to monitor transports in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have a business requirement that we need to use solution manager to monitor the transports in our ECC landscape and some time later we should be in a position to do transports from solution manager only.

can any one help me if they were in this situation before.Im very new beeie in solman.

current ECC landscape

DEV QAS AND PROD(we also have target groups configured from dev to qas and also from qas to prod)

and solution manager EHP1 just patched to sps25.

my thoughts:

1. is it enough to create a domain link from solman to ECC PRD( domain controller).

NOte:solution manager has stms configured with virtual system.

can you please guide me through appropriate path

Regards

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this scenario is quite feasible for SAP ChaRM. See the Solution Manager IMG information for setting up domain links:

If multiple transport domains are used and projects in the Solution Manager have been defined as cross-domain projects, you must define inter-domain links between the transport domains, regardless of whether change requests are moved between domains or not. If, for example, the Change Request Management system is in domain A , but the satellite systems between which requests are transported is in domain B, Change Request Management has to trigger transports in a foreign domain. This is only possible by means of domain links.

Also see SAP Help topic at the link below for setting up the domain controller:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a0b47acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

May I ask - which system of yours is set up as a virtual system? Why would you need a virtual system in a basic dev-qa-prd landscape?