cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher Versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently have 2 web dispatchers that are NW 701. All of my systems that we are looking to use web dispatcher(s) with are also NW701. I can't seem to find a PAM entry for web dispatcher. Is their any version requirements around web dispatcher and systems they connect to? I saw a sme article about web dispatcher 7.2 and using it with multiple network aliases to redirect users to multiple hosts. I.e. one webdispatcher could service both ECC and portal hosts. I believe to do the samething in web dispatcher 701 you have to use url prefixes, or run multiple web dispatchers.

Is Web dispatcher a case where it always makes sense to get the newest version when implementing? Or does it need to match the systems you connect to?

Thanks, Pat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use successfully a webdispatcher 7.2 pl73 for EP 7.0 EHP1.

There are too much great functionalities in 7.2 that I can't miss...

For exemple, with HTTP modification rules, I am able to detect non supported browsers (not sso able like Chrome) and to display an error message page : "please use the company supported browser".

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I aam trying to upgrade Web Dispatcher from 701 to 7.20 on Windows box. I downloaded the file "sapwebdisp_73-10007272.sar" from the marketplace. When I unpacked this SAR file it created "servicehttp" folder also I found "wdispadmin.SAR" I also unpacked this file then it created a folder called "admin". In the admin I found 4 folders called, icp, public, publicicp and publicincl.

Instead of icmadm.sar now it is only "wdispadmin.SAR".

Now I started the Web Dispatcher but the webadmin UI does not work correctly. Like I cannot put the web dispatcher in the maintenance mode, I cannot see this screen there is an error called

"unhandled exceptions: "

"ICP_StructValue: illegal struct reference: icm_info.uptime"

"ICP_StructValue: illegal struct reference: icm_serv_info.aclfile"

"ICP_StructValue: illegal struct reference: icm_user_info.locked"

"ICP_Value: Illegal type: 7"

I checked for any related notes, I found 1484856. In the note it said

The follwoing ICP files are not delivered in wdispadmin.sar.

- wdisp_add_system.icp

- icpdef.inc

Therefore the ICM/Webdispatcher Admin UI does not work correctly.

When I clicked the download it takes me to the page called "NO DATA AVAILABLE".

Did you have any of this errors? Meanwhile I have opened an ticket with SAP for this.

Please let me know if you have come across this error.

Thanks in Advance

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I had no problem because I did not use these admin pages.

I read note 1484856, and yes, I'm also missing the same files.

This note is weird because there is no solution for this problem since 01.07.2010.

If you want a correction, you have to open a support message on service.sap.com.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

As is confirmed by SAP note 538405 the sapwebdisp is downward compatible.

The latest version is Version 7. 11.

Also refer note 908097.

Regards,

Rohan.