cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architectural changes for Web Dynpro for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP,

In the document 'The Structural Concepts of Web Dynpro Components' something is mentioned about architectural changes in Web Dynpro for Java.

On page 26 SAP recommends '<i>that no application coding is written directly into the methods of the interface controller</i>' since in the next major release '<i>the interface of a component has been implemented within the component itself</i>'

This is clear to us.

On page 28: <i>The interface view controller of a component has been <replaced?!> by the concept of a Window controller</i>

This is not clear to us. How should we use the Interface View Controller in the current release (NW04 - SPS15) to have no trouble when upgrading to the next major release.

Where can we find information on this topic??

Kind regards,

Maarten Rutten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

I've recently been involved with some Web Dynpro training where the teacher mentioned that in a future release, interface controllers will disappear and instead the component controller will be public to the outside world.

From this, we write all of our logic in the component controller and in the interface controller, any methods that interface to outside objects (typically other WD DC's) simply delegate straight to the correct method in the component controller. We are currently using NW04 SP16 so in theory if/when we upgrade to NW04s we should be able to switch to use the methods directly in the custom controller and not the interface controller.

Does that make sense and/or help?!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your information.

The issue with the Interface controller is clear. What you suggested was also written in the document from SAP.

But what is not yet clear is: <i>The interface view controller of a component has been <replaced?!> by the concept of a Window controller</i>

Now we have coding in the method <b>onPlugDefault</b>. What is the best place to put this logic when looking to the future release? Or is it inevitable that we have to move this logic to the new Window-controller?

Is there any infomration on this Window controller?

Kind regards,

Maarten

Answers (0)