cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to choose high speed connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

*My intent here is to enable SAP history. Now for that you have to set connection to 'High Speed Connection'. But when I go to network settings. I can select the 'HIGH SPEED CONNECTION' radio button. But the 'OK' button on that screen is disabled as a result of which I cannot select high speed connection.

How do I enable this 'OK' button. It could be a possible registry setting. Please let me know if u have any inputs

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this usually happening because some information IS MISSING in the entry, like for exemple INSTANCE, SYSTEM ID.. etc..

Only fill all the informations and the OK button will be enabled.

It happened to me when i Upgraded my sap logon to 7.40. Some informations was missing.

I Hope it helps!!!  😉

mark_naylor2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe the connection speed is controlled within SAPLOGON.INI. If you manually modified the [LowSpeedConnection] settings on your SAPLOGON.INI file, shut down SAP Logon, restarted SAP Logon, and it didn't change the settings in SAP GUI then your SAP GUI may be referencing a different copy of SAPLOGON.INI than the one you are looking at.

Which version of Windows and SAP GUI are you working with?

Regards,

Mark

mark_naylor2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe this is configured in the [LowSpeedConnection] section of your SAPLOGON.INI file. If the setting is disabled then you may not have Write access to this file. Check the permissions on the SAPLOGON.INI file. Once you have permission to modify this file then you should be able to modify the HIGH SPEED CONNECTION setting.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can access the .ini file and I had tried changing the lowspeed connection of all servers to 0 and also changed and made all the entries as high speed connection and set them to 1, but that didn't work. I'm wondering why that 'ok' button is disabled on that screen. Surely this has to be a registry setting. I tried searching for somehting like that in the registry, but wasn't sure and didn't want to mess wth the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Have you got the solution for the same?

one of my colleagues is also facing the same problem.

If you provide this information, then it would be of great help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick, It happend to me when i´ve updated the Sap Gui.
The button option to change from low to Hight speed was disabled.

In my situation, after the update the SAP GUI, some informations about the entries was missing, like Instance ou System ID... I just filled the missing information and the button was enabled again

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

in our case, the Low speed and High Speed buttons are enabled.

But just we are not able to save after changing from Low speed to High Speed connection under Network Tab.

And if in case we do not fill the System ID or System Nr etc, then the Next button will not be enabled, as these are all the mandatory fields. This is well known.

Regards,

Eswaran