cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help window opening two times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i found one of wda application is integrated into portal.on portal side if i press on search help symbol then it opened external window two times.How can i make that to one window

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You say the search help is opening an external window. That doesn't sound right. WDA search help always open as a DHTML layer within the same browser window. Are you sure this is a WDA application? If so are you sure this is really using a search help? Is this an application you created or an SAP standard one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is search help only.It is custom object only.what is difference between external window and model window?.I am new to WDA

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

External windows are never used by search help becuase they open in a separate user session - making data communication back and forth very difficult. When modal windows are triggered, the parent window is frozen and no longer accepts input.

When you say external window, what are you seeing. Is it actually a separate browser window that can be dragged outside the confines of the parent window. If this is really an external window, then it doesn' seem like this is a search help.

Have you studied the WD Component. Can you see what kind of search help this is. What triggers it? A normal button or the search help button attached to an input field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds strange case but it is possible to open external window more time. Automatically opening 2 times on one click it wrong in my opinion. You can analyse the code and correct this in the code.

But if your requirement is to restrict this to one external window then i would choose to do it as model window, parent-child window concept. So no external window.