cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system setup for XI-J2ee

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the system I'll implement, RFC for enquiries & Idoc for reporting will both be applied accordingly. The system contains a J2EE web server as web front-end that will connect to SAP-XI then to SAP system on client side.

Since, the monthly traffic for the trial system is estimated to be at little flow of 3000. Load Balancer is not included.

May I know the suggested system setup for this design?

Does J2EE web server & SAP XI reside on the same machine or advisably to be separated?

Please advice.

Note: I've been studying on RFC, Idoc & some XI-related overviews lately. However, I still find it hard to compose the whole big picture. My background is fresh Java Programmer with no experience in SAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was aware of Java proxies in this scenario too. However, the version SAP R/3 is abour 3.x - 4.x which my superior claimed to be unsupportive of proxies. Hence, the option was voted out.

However, is it supported?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to send data from a J2ee application via XI to an R3 system.. Isn't this what you requirement is? Correct me if i am wrong..

If this is what you need, then you can use JAVA PROXIES on the J2ee application side to send the data to XI .

XI will recieve data from Java proxy and then send it to R3 systems using either RFC or IDOC's.

You can use JAVA CLIENT Proxies to send data from an external JAVA / J2EE application to XI .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that J2EE AS would be open source AS such as JBoss/Tomcat instead of SAP's own propietery AS. I think this is the main concern of mine.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>J2EE AS would be open source AS such as JBoss/Tomcat instead of SAP's own propietery AS.</i>

You mean to say.. your XI J2EE stack wil not be running on the SAP WEB AS 6.40 or 6. 20?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I would like to apologize for missing the key point out. Our intention is to let SAP-XI interacts with 3rd party outsider Web AS such as Jboss/Tomcat. Hence, it will not be running on the ordinary SAP WEB AS stack.

Is that design possible?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am not sure at all. You can consider posting this same question on the WEB AS forum as well as the Netweaver Forum.

But one thing, any J2EE application can connect to XI using JAVA proxies if you are using XI running on SAP WEB AS.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

You will need to use Client Proxies in Java. Look at these..

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/87/5305adc23540b8ac7bce08dbe96bd5/frameset.htm

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>The system contains a J2EE web server as web front-end that will connect to SAP-XI then to SAP system on client side.</i>

You will have <b>JAVA CLIENT PROXIES</b> sending the data to XI. XI will do the corresponding mapping abnd send the data to the R3 using the RFC's and IDOCs

Regards,

Bhavesh