cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: schedule job for tansport of copies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm working with charm and it work fine but we have an extra effort in order to perform manually the import of transport of copies in the test system. Is It possible to schedule a specific job in the test system that is able to timport ONLY the transport of copies?

Thank in advance for your help.

regards

gio'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, Did you find a way to transport only TOCs via a JOB??

Thanks

Juan

Ambarish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need the same information if there is a job to import just TOC's  so that we can use it in our ChaRM. As far as my experience standard transport job imports all requests (including TOCs). Still if you know any job which imports only TOCs and no normal transport requests then do let me know.

Regards,

Ambarish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please check point 11 Scheduling of import job /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT hourly in below blog

[/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors|/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors]

for UC this done by the jobs

/tmwflow/scma_btch_sync_uc

/tmwflow/scma_btch_sync_test

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

I am looking for the same feature for UC's. Is there a way to schedule an import job for the transports of UC's on a hourly basis?

Both the Maintenance Cycle and the Urgent Changes use differenct tasklist variants. The Urgent Change Tasklist Variant does not contain any jobs which can be scheduled.

Can you please explain how I can make the Maintenance Ccycle import job pick up UC's?

As you have mentioned I have executed the reports:

/tmwflow/scma_btch_sync_uc

/tmwflow/scma_btch_sync_test

But my hourly report /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT is only looking for Maintenance Cycle transport and does nothing with UC's.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Wouter Huiberts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

It is possible to schedule an import job in test system but not only for TOCs. It wont distinguish between TRs and TOCs.

Regards,

Sneha.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You might want to review this link /people/rajiv.jha/blog/2010/08/12/transport-of-copies-toc-small-yet-powerful-concept

It talks about "This schedules the job at background to create Transport of Copies for the selected TR"

This may not be quite what you want, but may be helpful?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giovanni,

The best practice I've experienced so far is to plan a job in the managed system TMS. But doing this you won't be able to select only the transport of copies but it is for the best. Actually, you don't want to perform a test on something that would not be consistent since the best practice is still to import all the transports in the sequence they were released.

Hope this helps.

Stéphane.