cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodity Code Number Transfer from ERP to GTS possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any way to transfer the commodity Code Numbers from ERP to GTS?

We want to do the Customs Management.

Is it necessary to have the commodity Code numbers in GTS for Customs Management?

Thanks

Regards

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andreas_lied
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Branko already posted, there is no other way but download the MARC-Data to Excel/tab-separated and upload it via SAP-Standard-report /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3. This is the "official" way.

This should be done only once, the maintenance must be performed in GTS afterwards. Retransfer of results may be performed by standard SAP-means.

The download file must have the following structure:

-

MANDT

MATNR

WERKS

STAWN

-

| |100 |000000000000000038 |1000 | |

| |100 |000000000000000248 |1000 |22030010 |

| |100 |000000000000000249 |1000 |22030010 |

| |100 |000000000000000249 |1100 |22030010 |

Just select the fields in SE16 and do not change the result.

Best regards,

Andreas Lied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

But what I do not understand is:

We have transferd the materials and the boms from ERP to GTS for doing

the preference calculation.

And in preference calculation in GTS the commodity codes for the bom

components are already filled. How could that be?

I thought we have to upload them in GTS with /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3.

Thanks

Regards

Dieter

Edited by: dieterbond on May 14, 2011 9:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand for customs management purposes I can take the commodity code from the invoice.

And for preference calculation? Do I need to transfer the commodity code for

preference calculation as well or is this not necessary for pref-calc?

Regards

Dieter

Edited by: dieterbond on Jun 14, 2011 6:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Commodity code is taken from ECC. If there is no commodity code it is taken from GTS (this is the situation for trade preference BOMs).

I recommend to delete commodity code with Userexit for BOM transfer.

Regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Upload of commodity code from ERP to GTS is indeed possible.

This data is in table MARC - field STAWN. You can download this data to your pc and then upload it in gts with standard report

/SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3

For the upload to work the system needs to have the classification scheme defined and the commodity codes catalogue has to be in the system. For non-productive scenario you can use a so called SOVA file, which is available free of charge.

Regards,

Branislav Petricek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn´t there any way way while transferring material from SAP to GTS to transfer also

the commodity Code number?

Because we have maintained our commodity code already in the material master in SAP MARC-STAWN.

Thanks

Regards

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dieter,

if you need commodity code only for export purpose you can use it from invoice. No master data maintainance in GTS is mandatory.

There is a config necessary for your export process in GTS->Customs Management where you can tell GTS to take commodity code from invoice instead of customs product.

But to transfer it from marc-stawn to customs product is not possible because of-

- time dependecy in GTS and

- plant independece in GTS (in ECC a material can have several hs codes in several plants within one country..)

Regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard way of transferring commodity codes from ECC to GTS, but its possible other way around. You can take a dump of them from ECC, transfer the material from ECC and have them maintained in GTS manually. Thats standard, but programs can always be made to cater to specific business needs.

Having Commodity codes in GTS would enable you to perform the export process for customs management. And yes it is necessary to have them in GTS.

But would like to know what are the business requirements/process for having the customs management? And how you would be using Commodity codes (HS Code) for classification? What kinds of documents you would require to print thru GTS using your products classified by Commodity codes?

Cheers,

Abir