cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data cleared in reusable component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a pretty weird problem. I am using a reusable component in my component. The reusable component has two input fields and a drop down and a button. Whenever the dropdown value is reselected or there is some validation triggered on click of the button - the data in the two fields is cleared off. But the node still consists the data. Only thing is it is not visible in the UI. Can anyone think of a solution for this?

Thanks in Advance,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am facing a pretty weird problem. I am using a reusable component in my component. The reusable component has two input fields and a drop down and a button. Whenever the dropdown value is reselected or there is some validation triggered on click of the button - the data in the two fields is cleared off. But the node still consists the data. Only thing is it is not visible in the UI. Can anyone think of a solution for this?

>

> Thanks in Advance,

> Kiran.

I think , without looking or know the application structure it is difficult to know what is going wrong.

1.Are these fileds are directly connected via data binding to the UI elements ?

2.Can you post the code how do you clear the values on button action ?

3. Is your expected result is that the node values should also be empty ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fields are not cleared on the button action. But the fields are cleared. When you look into to the node the data is still there. That is the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though you have not answered all my questions earlier, it is very difficult to understand your problem and suggest solution.

Probably this behavior is something to do with components usage creation and destroy. I assume that these components are not referring each other as used components.

what is happening when you re select a drop down value ? without more details no one could help you here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the details are mentioned here. I wish i could provide you more details. Anways thank you so much for your replies and time. Have a great day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably there are some misunderstandings going on with our communication.

When you select a value in drop down or when you press a button the two input fields are cleared and the node still has the value. This is indeed a weird problem.

Please answer the points so that we can try to see what is going wrong.

1. are these components refer each other (component usage)

2. is there a supply role for the node (two inputfields)

3. What code is executed when you select dropdown and on button action? post code if possible.