cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST Error - Internal error: Recipient address not found. Return code: 80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our system, Automatic forwarding option is enabled via SO12 to forward the SAP notification's to outlook. So when ever the SAP inbox receives the notification, the system will forward the message to user's outlook as well.

This is working fine except only one user. For this user external mail id is maintained in SU01 and automatic forwarding option is also enabled. When the SAP mails triggered to this user, sysetm trying to send the outlook mail. I can see it in SOST.

But it reached the error status in the SOST. the Msg code is 829.

Msg text is Internal error: Recipient address not found. Return code: 80.

What could be the problem? Also when i double click the Recipient at SOST, it shows the below error.

error in SO_address_show Rcode = 3

Can any one help me on this?

Helps will be highly Appreciated.

Thanks,

Nandini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nandini,

You can test it sending an email from SO01 to that user if that works fine then forwarding option also should work. If user is still not able to receive your test email I hope then on external user side you may have to check whether that user is able to access other emails. If he or she is unable to receive that then its a issue with their exchange server I hope.

Regards

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand your problem, you are forwarding mail for this particular user to some external address and not to your outlook address/domain address. Then please make sure that your mail server allow to send mail to external address.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the promt reply.

The mail ID is the Company mail ID as like other user's. Its already configured in SCOT and its working fine for all employee's except one Employee.

I tried to send a mail from SAP inbox to employee's outlook and its working fine. SO there is no issue's with the Mail ID.

SU01 maintanence, Mail ID settings has been done as like other user's. I dont know why its showing the Error.

Has anybody encountered the probem in SOST with the Error code as 829?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Nandini.

Edited by: Nandini on Apr 16, 2011 7:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

Did this error get resolved?

I am facing a similar problem with one user.

Kindly share your resolution.

Thanks in advance,

Kshitija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Helps..

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do u have something special for this user ID mail address. Is it different from what other users are.. I mean after @ - mail servers are different ?

@ XYZ .com & test1@ ABC . com

If yes, one of settings for this are maintained in SCOT.

SCOT > Your Node(SMTP or..) > Internet SET > Address Area.

For testing u may put * here and see if it works.

thanks

ashish