cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patches vs support packs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently running on 7.1.02.35, (on Service Pack 02)

My admin has applied some patches(probably 5 patches) to the current version while installing.

So does it make equivalent to the latest SP?

How do I know the patch level?

What exactly a patch is going to do. So if I install these patchs u2026. Will all my issues in SP02 be rectified.

2. What is the difference between Support Packs Vs patchesu2026u2026 pls explain

rgds,

ve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

need more clarification

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please refer to the note 1345858 for the Collaboration of MDM 7.1 ver. - Software Versioning Strategy, which explains in greater detail the information you are requesting.

BR

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

From the note, I understand that patches and hotfixes is one and the same.

Thanks.

rgds,

ve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found out that the way you are finding the version/ SP /patches thru Console->Help->

is more of the GUI version and may or may not be of the actual MDM version........any thoughts pls.

So how do we find the actual version of the MDM.

rgds,

ve

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To find the build of all MDM client components please look at client menu item: Help / About component

To find the build of MDM servers please go to installation directory (e.g. Windows: C:\usr\sap\MDM\MDS00\exe), click on version

tab in the properties of the executable. Click on "File Version" among the Item names and check the Value.

BR,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

I have checked, it is shown as 7.1 , patch 146 ............. any clue what this means, which service pack ???,

Did not see any SP related information.

rgds,

ve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

I have checked, it is shown as 7.1 , patch 146 ............. any clue what this means, which service pack ???,

Did not see any SP related information.

rgds,

ve

Former Member
0 Kudos

7.1.02.35 -

7.1 Ver

02 SP

35 build

SPs are major releases that have some functional enhancements

builds are where you have fixes / tuning etc

ideally its best to keep up with the latest patch of every SP (all known issues / bug fixes that can be done)

what cant be done with the patches are done in the next SP

hth

thanks

-Adrivit

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ve.

If you want to know the current version in MDM Server, Login to MDM Console-> Mount the Server, then on the MDM Servers section you will find the new version of the MDM which states as 7.1.XX.YY (where 7.1 is the release, XX represents the service pack and YY usually refers to the patch number/)

The bugs reported by the various customers on MDM will be fixed and delivered as patches.

Patches usually contains bug fixes for the releases and Service Packs contains bug fixes + enhancements if any

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bala

former_member465313
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.