cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From where does the product description come for CVCs in DP book?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where the CVCs are created with product = 1234 (i.e. numeric values).

When I load the selection in DP book, put a header filter on product and in the drop down of product header filter, I do a ' Details all', I get a list of products displayed in the view.

Although the CVCs are created with numeric values for product, I see a description(text) against each product. The display is something like 1234/ABCD, where ABCD is the product description.

I am wondering that from where does this description come against each numeric value of the product, even though the CVCs are created just with numeric values. I checked the settings for 9AMATNR in RSD1 T code. However the same 9AMATNR is not associated with any description for a product in a different DP planning book.

I understand that DP master data (CVCs) are independent of SNP master data(product master).

Pls let me know if someone has any pointer to this.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Manotosh,

the product description is determined as follows:

1.) System checks if there is corresponding mater data (SAPAPO/MAT1) maintained for this product. If yes, it takes the description from there

2.) if no master data is available it uses the description maintained in RSD1

3.) if none of the above is available, the description equals the product number.

Best regards

Rico Frenzel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rico,

Thank you for your revert.

The SNP master data is maintained for the products, i.e. /SAPAPO/MAT1 is maintained for these products, hence we expect the result as per condition 1, but the result that we are getting is as per condition 3.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the header information, did you check the checkbox for text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

The information comes from the SNP Master data, i.e. from the description of the product maintained in /sapapo/mat1.

The 9AMATNR characteristics is a 40 Char object. If the CVCs are loaded with less than 40 Char, the description of the product will not come along with the product ID.

We had the issue where the CVCs were loaded with less than 40 Char for 9AMATNR and because of that the system was not reading the product description.

Regards

Manotosh