cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Data Transfer Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am working with my client to plan our ME Configuration and we are trying to determine how best to propagate the configuration from one system to another (i.e. DEV to QA to PROD).

I understand there is a new tool being developed for SAP ME 6.0 called the Configuration Data Transfer Tool.

Will it be possible to use this tool for SAP ME 5.2.5? Has anyone tried to do this?

What are the overall recommendations and/or methods other folks have used to move their configuration to another system?

The goal is to move configuration and master data only, no transactional data.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mari Santangelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivan & Sergiy!

Do either of you know if this method of propagating config and master data is supported by SAP?

Just want to confirm before moving forward.

Thank you.

Mari Santangelo

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mari,

Configuration Data Transfer Tool is not a standalone application but just a feature (the activity) of ME 6.0 so you can't use it with ME 5.2.5. And there is no information about porting it back from 6.0 to 5.2.5.

In 5.x and prior releases, there is DataXchange tool mentioned by Ivan and Site2Site Transfer activity (you can find the guide next to Xchange guide on SMP).

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mari,

You may want to use Xchange tool to transport configuration and master data.

You can find a document describing this tool on SAP SMP:

Release & Upgrade Info -> Installation & Upgrade Guides -> SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP Manufacturing -> SAP Manufacturing Execution -> SAP Manufacturing Execution 5.1.3 -> Xchange Guide