cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Health Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Does nayone know how to configure the Early Watch Health Check on Solution Manager?

tks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The first step is to ensure that the EarlyWatch Alert reports are generting for anh/all systems you wish to run the EWC on.

The you could run TA DSWP > Service Plan > Self Delivered Services

Then click the create button and select ' Self Service Earlywatch Health Check"

Click Create again, then confirm. Then it is going to schedule an SDCCN task on the satellite system to collect the data.

You can force it, but it can take a day. Once the data is colleacted in the service session is availabkle to be processed.

Please see the following link.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700007586952002E

So it should not really require much in the way of configuration....what are you having trouble configuring.

As I mentioned you really need to have the regualr EWA working, or you can't expect the EWC to work, so if there is a problem generating the EWA Reports, you will have a problem generating th EWA Health Check. If that is being produced okay, then can you select the service in DSWP as mentioned above? If you can is the SDCCN tks on the managed system failing?

There really is not much configuration, so can you be more specific in what you mean?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I had already performed the steps which you mentioned but the EW Health Check was not generated correctly. I noticed that some data are missed and the weird part is that the EWA was generated with successfully.

Tks,

Re

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Re,

And when you were in the Service Session, did you complete the checks, then once it was completed, you checked done, next open check, etc, as this will generate a lot of data depending on the checks done. Sounds like you have not finished

the checks in the service session, so much of the report still has not generated. You may have not completed this last step.

You know here is where you would enter the contacts information and your action list items, etc.

So when you click done and open next check, as you go through the checks that apply, you will see more data generate and populate the session. Until this is done, the data will not be complete, so if you pront the report, it will be ( appear) to be missing data.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I am doing those steps...but I really don't know what happens.

The first questions is: Analysis set selection...I chose an EWA generated and went through...

any clue?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you went through each manaul check and made the appropriate enties and clicked Done and then Save + Next open check, and the report still isn't generating, you may want to try Reseting and removing the Service Content and then run AGS_UPDATE

to reload the service content. This may be worth a go.

Regards,

Paul

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The EW health check is a service which is usually delivered by a consultant as a remote service. It is not generated automatically like the EWA report. It's many times used to focus on specific problems which occur in the system and could not be resolved in an easy way.

You can anyway create a session on DSWP -> Service Plan -> Self Delivered services and take a look at the session workbench to have an idea about it, but I'm not sure that there is a document explaining how to perform it.

Regards,

Daniel.