cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Creator manually selecting the approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The workflow requirement at my client is that, for every shopping cart, the requisitioner should be able to add the cost approver manually in the cart. There would be only one level of approval in the shopping cart & that is the approver added by the requisitioner. We will be having an enhancement which will validate the cost authority of that approver.

My question is, Can we have the approval set up in such a way that the requisitioner can add the approvers on the fly during the creation of the shopping cart. If we set up just a single step, which is automatic completion, then we cannot add an approver before it, as the field is grayed out.

Also, the description in the approval screen in SRM says, Add approver above or add approver below. This leads me to believe that the system will not let a requisitioner add an approver. Is this true?

We are on SRM 7.0, Classic Scenario, Process Controlled Workflow

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will let requester add ad-hoc approver ( Cost Center Owner ) over the fly, As long as you have atleast one level of process level configured NOT AUTOMATIC ( System User ).. like Approval or Approval with Completion.. If you dont have process level configured then both buttons will be grayed out..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for the info.

I am of a similar understanding too. I need to know if SAP thinks that way too. I have raise an OSS message with them and will wait to see if there is something that can be done for this. Am looking at a potential Screen change and enhancement(s).

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my knowledge that is the standard behavior, The reason is Ad-hoc approver will have access as normal process level approver's based on how & where you have assigned to the level.. Say for example..You have configured the process level as shown below..

100 Approval with Completion

200 Approval only

999 Automatic Approval..

When you create a SC.. you have option to choose before and after.. Assume you have selected the first approval row(Approval With Completion ) and choose After , even though you selected first approval row, system will not give option to edit or doesn't show the "Inquiry" option in SC.. So you have to have at least one process level configured for add ad-hoc approver. Let us wait what SAP is suggesting on this..

Saravanan