cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SU proposed by the system in the TO confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus...

I have the following problem.Scenario: I am doing the picking in two steps, I have activated the SUs management in the intermediate warehouse type of the picking in two steps.

Issue: When I create the TO, the system assigns a destination SU, nonetheless, I need to assign that SU (external) in the confirmation (because in that moment I stick the pre-printed label in the pallet.) I do not see the way to modify the SU DESTINATION that the system proposes.

I also thought of using the assignation of HUs, but it is not possible in the first step of the picking in two steps (movement 850), it is only possible in the movement 916.

Please I apreciated your help!!!!

Thanks in advance

Gloria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gloria,

Could you please throw some light on the BUSINESS requirement and physical process?

Why do you want to assign SU number to a pallet (or something) when it is already picked??? Isn't storage unit number for internal use within your WH?

If you need the number to identify the goods than nurmally HUM is used, this SAP functionality is for identifying goods.

If the label is sticked on the already picked goods why don;t you pack them on the delivery (in SAP)???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks por your message.

The issue is because the picking and packing are consolidated by the transport/shipment. It is not a packing for each delivery.

It's mean, It is like a packing of first step of a "2steps picking" and the second step is not necesary (we confirm the second part automatically and it is only an artifice). But, SAP doesnt allow use HU functionality for the first step of "2steps picking"... it is only allow in the second step because the first step doesn't have deliveries.

Because of that... I am thinking use the SUs between picking storage types (400) and "intermediately storage type" (200)

Custom:

Storage Type 400: Bulk storage

Storage Type 200: Intermed.zone 2-step pck.

Storage Type 916: Shipping Area Deliveries

We activated the SU management in 200.

We don't use the TOs between 200 - 916.

We are packing the stock in 200 (TOs between 400 - 200).

Actually, the question is "Can I do the packaging in the first step of "2step picking"?

Thanks ad regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still I can't understand your business process...

What I may understand is that you want to pack the goods when they are removed from normal storage type into 2-step picking interim storage type.

I think you should give up to force this thing with your current settings. I'm saying this because based on your description, for your WH (or more exactly for you storage location(s) which is (are) assigned to your WH) HUM requirement is not set.

That's why there's no connection between WM and HUM and you cannot manage the packing within WM.

If you use WM with HUM your problem will be solved automatically. When confirming the withdrawal TO (which removes the goods from normal storage type to storage type 200) you can pack the goods into HUs (whether you create the HUs in advance or at the time of confirmation).

So, I suggest that you should give up what you are doing now (set SUM for interim storage type 200...) and test the whole process with WM&HUM whether it suits your requirment

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 12, 2011 11:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thanks again.

I understand what do you said... actually I want to use the HUM but i cant. The first step of "2step picking" (400 to 200) has TOs without link to the deliveries (only have link with the group), because of that, SAP doesn't allow create HUM for this TOs...

Are you sure I can pack with HUM the firsts TOs (400 to 200)?? I apreciated if you tell me how.

Thanks!

Gloria

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what I explained to you, please read carefully my message.

You are not using WM with HUM (SUM does not equal HUM) otherwise you wouldn't have such problem (e.g. in WM with HUM you will have the SUs even in interim storage types for which SUM is not activated). You shoul use WM with HUM and as I said your problem will be solved automatically. Actually, using WM with HUM you cannot avoid the use of HU.

Here you can read about WM with HUM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/584bc5a70f11d2b44e006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

( WM with HUM means the integration of WM and HUM )

(Remark: I tested this scenario before posting my answers)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 12, 2011 11:53 PM