cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP Background Synchronization (message based)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm currently getting used to working with Sybase Unwired Platform and am developing a message based iPhone App in the process. I successfully set up an application which subscribes to a server package and does the initial synching/import to the local database.

Moreover, adding/editing items locally and submitting to unwired server works like a charm (changes are also correclty put into my SQL Anywhere backend database).

The thing is, if I change data in the backend (i.e. enterprise data) like deleting a data set or modifyin it, it is not propagated to my iPhone. The cache group of the consolidated database sometimes seems to not update itself and as far as callbacks are concerned my device is not receiving any data change notifications from my unwired server.So the only way to get the changed server data to my device is to restart my app (doing a new subscribe -> import cycle).

I do not suppose this is the usual message based behavior (as it states in the the documentation "changes are sent to devices asynchronosly and put into device database". This is, however, not happening.

Am I maybe missing some crucial configuration step here?

Any help/thoughts much appreciated

Cheers

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Are you able to solve this problem?

If so could you please reply and tell me how you solve this problem because I''m facing this kind of problem too..

Thanks,,