cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RAR Mitigation On Rule Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using SAP GRC - AC-RAR 5.3_11.0. We have a requirement to mitigate any risk violations on a role at the Action Rule Id Level . At the moment i have created mitigation Controls based on 7 character Rule Id in the RISK ID field . But if i change a risk and update the rules then the mitigation control is not working as the Rule ID is changed during rule update . Whats the best practice for rule keeping in this case . Thanks in advance

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Please go through the below note.. it will help you..

SAP Note 1542565 - Mitigations at Action versus Permission

level

Regards,

Arjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjuna

Thanks for the NOTE . As per the note i am going with the mitigations at the Action Level (7 Digit) but my question still remains about the best practice to maintain the rules . If i update the rules , system changing the 7 digit ID which will void the mitigations .Do i need to maintain the rules manually without changing the risks or functions ?

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasad,

The ruleset generation will be triggered automatically when you import rules in the CC/RAR system, there is no manual intervention at that time. So in case you have uploaded any rule sets then there might be a background job automatically triggered to generate the rule set.

The best practise in such cases is to maintain a backup of the exisitng rules before importing the new ruleset so that in case the same does not work or gets corrupt you can re import the earlier version.

Regards

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i change the risks it automatically triggers the Rule generation job which will change the Action level rule id . This is my issue and i want find a way to maintain rules without changing the risks or functions . I know we have a manual way of maintaining rules in version 4.0

Regards

Prasad