SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCES licensing - External Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had experience in regards to external user licensing and UCES. For example, I have a customer that will want to use the customer e Services. I have them create the user id and password, and they are able to perform the e services. Is this external user considered an SAP user and impacts to my licensing ? for example I may have 5000 people sign up for e Services in one month, ? how does that impact licensing from an SAP/Database level. Do I need a specific SAP License for this type of external user ? I have an SAP UCES solution and it's using an Oracle Db, and the UME to manage the users ?

Any help appreciated. ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andrew:

With the caveat that I am not in licensing...

E-services users are not considered users for licensing purposes (at least in terms of for SAP seats - vaguely similar to how HR ESS is licensed - people enter time but are not considered professional users unless they . The individual e-services account users have identities but map in the backend to a generic e-services user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andrew:

With the caveat that I am not in licensing...

E-services users are not considered users for licensing purposes (at least in terms of for SAP seats - vaguely similar to how HR ESS is licensed - people enter time but are not considered professional users unless they . The individual e-services account users have identities but map in the backend to a generic e-services user.