cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude some columns during TDMS transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning.

We need to exclude some columns during our TDMS transfer.

For example, we have a table with 10 fields at the sender, we only need 8 fields to show up at the receiver.

I have reviewed all my TDMS documents and TDMS on-line help but found no info about this.

Did any expert do similar thing before?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this required for SAP standard table or for customer defined tables and for how many.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are custom fields appended to SAP standard tables.

We do not want them to be showing up at the receiver, i.e. the receiver should only have SAP standard tables after TDSHL and TDTIM.

There can be many tables on the sender with added custom fields.

Please advise. Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no automated way within TDMS to achieve this. However following work around may help you -

In the receiver system once the shell is done, manually remove all the additional columns for all such tables and then do a TDMS transfer from Source to receiver. TDMS will transfer data for only those column which are existing in receiver system.

Please note that this approach will work only for non-key columns.

I hope this is useful for you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> We need to exclude some columns during our TDMS transfer.

> For example, we have a table with 10 fields at the sender, we only need 8 fields to show up at the receiver.

> Thanks!

Hello ,

Another potential workaround could be to use Scrambling rules for such fields

and in the scrambling logic force the fields values to SPACE so that in the reciever those fields (Columns) are not transferred

with any data.

Cheers..!

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For example, we have a table with 10 fields at the sender, we only need 8 fields to show up at the receiver.

Not a use case with TDMS , TDMS does data transfer row by row and hence excluding few columns/fields from data transfer is not supported.