Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New map in Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej MDM colleagues

I would like to ask about one tricky question

From time to time it happen we have to develope existing mappning in Syndicator. The request is simple please add new field in MDM Console. Then develope existing mappning in Syndicator so the records from new fields are also syndicated.

Can you help me to find answer what is the best way to work with such request regarding mapping in Syndicator?

As far as know we are forced to create new mappning, that sometimes can give some challanges as we "forget" to set up for example "Upper cases" og just simply make mistake mapping fileds.

It is any way to use new xsd file and use it to develope existing mapping, in that case we only add map for the new field, and rest will be exactly that same as wit hexisting mapping?

Thank you in advance.

BR

Rafal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe (although I haven't done it myself) that in 7.1.06 you can edit a schema without having to re-create the entire map. Not sure if you are completely current on patches or not, but if you are you might want to research that option.

Hope this helps,

Steve Monaghan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for suggestion. Right now we are on the way to install SP6, however it can take a while before we will have that installed. I will defiantelly test it.

Thank you for suggestion.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you add a new field to the repository via console, the next time you will open the syndication map via Syndicator (32bit), the extra field will appear and you will be able to map it and save the map.

All corresponding ports or references to this map should get refreshed with the updated map automatically.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda

Yes it is as you are saying, but I can see them on Source Items. I need to see them on Destination and Source Items.

The problem I have is how I can see the new field (added in xsd file) on Destionation Items tab?

Thank you for help.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If you are using XSD in the syndication map, you need to re-import the XSD in Console and re-create the whole map everytime there is a change in MDM. There could be a way to avoid this, by exporting the syndication map (File->Export) in xml format and editing this file in some XML editor and then re-importing in syndicator, but i would not recommend this since it might lead to inconsistencies between console and syndicator and is not the best practise.

This is a little different from Import map, where you don't need to re-create the whole map everytime a field is changed (import map retains older mapping).

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is simply enough just to update the XML schema file and use the update XML schema. I did this procedure at least for making a segment required and I did not have to manually map or start over or anything. It was simple and painless.

This procedure should work for adding a new file as well? At least this functionality is available in SP06, don't know about earlier versions.

It is placed under file -> Update XML Schema

Regards

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning

We will try to test it on SP6 when we will install it.

Right now we have 7.1 SP5

Thank you for info.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This depends on the data type you are working with. If you are syndicating to flat text for example, you can easily add a destination item to your existing map and then continue mapping the new field. However, it sounds as though you are working with XML Schema files (XSD) which you have imported into the Console. As far as I know, if you make changes to the schema, then you need to re-import the schema, which would ultimately require a new mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you all for your feedback, I thougt I missed soemthing but unfortunatelly we have to make a new mapning when making new Syndicate map.

Thank you.

BR

Rafal