cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i get complete info abt WD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know what do,when do and why do we write in wdDoInit(),wdDoModifyView(),Constructors, when they are activated?

When to use Component Controller and CustomController?

Where exactly MessagePool is used?

I also want to know about WD library types, IWDTable,IWDView,....

I want a complete tutorial on this. Can any one plz send it across to my mail id: ganesh.jonna@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I collected this content from experts:

wdDoInit:

wdDoInit in ComponentController or in ViewController would be called only one time automatically by the WAS.

If you want to call some code which is used in wdDoInit then seperate them in another method and call them from wdDoInit and from another view as well.

wdThis.initialize();

From another view if you want to call this initialize method then you might do that like this.

wdThis.wdGet<herecomesyourcomponentname>().initialize();

wdDoModifyView:

First, method wdDoModifyView is executed only if view is visible. So, if as result of action handling you are navigating away from view (via plugs), then wdDoModifyView will not be invoked.

Second, wdDoModifyView is invoked only when custom action is executed. For counter-example, you can left Table without onLeadSelect action handler. Nevertheless, you may notice client-server roundtrip when you are selection elements. However, in this case (internal action, not custom) wdDoModifyView will not be invoked.

Difference between wdDoInit() and custom method()

1. wdDoInit is WD-specific hook method that is invoked by WD runtime when corresponding controller is created. Any other init or execute methods are your custom methods and you yourself is repsonsible for initializing them.

For WD libraries see this link:

You can also search sdn and help.sap..

Regards

Suresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

This is the Good one to know about webdynpro concepts.

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/searchSAP/downloads/SAPPRESS.pdf