cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisations for users receiving Alerts on Interface Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured alerts to send out mails to relevant users in case of Interface failure.

Now I need to know that what strategy is followed in Alerting. As in, how many user groups should be created and what all authirisations should be given to these users.

As per my understanding, there should be 2 user groups to receive alerts:

1) Business Users

2) PI Support team.

Please tell me if the above approach is fine and what authorisations should be given to each in both ABAP and Java side.

thanks,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

If you are to send alerts to a specific user group through your alert category, the way could be to create a user account with basic authentications for PI monitoring and add this user as a fixed receipient for the Alert Category in ALRTCATDEF. Then assign a group mail id (add the required users to this group mail id in you mail server) to this user in SU01. This way the alert triggered against this particular alert category will be forwarded to this group mail id.

Ideally both the adapter engine and integration engine alerts are forwarded to Support team, but for the business users only the Integration Engine alerts are meaningful (mostly mapping conditional failures). So it is good practice to create two separate alert categories for adapter engine and integration engine and then add fixed receipients accordingly.

The other approach is to configure receipients via user role (create Z roles) for each alert category (ALRTCATDEF) and then assign the role to the specific users in the PI system.

The smart approach is to cofigure subscription authorizations in ALRTCATDEF and then individual users can subscribe to alert categories as per their need from Alert Inbox in RWB (there is an option for alert subscription) and can unsubscribe when they desire.

Regards,

Suddhasatta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suddhasatta,

Can you tell about the authorisations that should be given to Business and Technical users resp on both the ABAP and the Java side?

thanks,

Piyush