SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameter in Validation User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to create a Validation to match USER ID with PERSON RESPONSIBLE (that is maintained in Funds Center master record). This is required to ensure that only person responsible can release budget.

How can I pass "Funds Center" as a parameter to the User Exit so that I can run database query to find person responsibel of that Funds Center.

Regards,

Hanif

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can maintain validation in badi FMKU_BUDGET_EVNT, eg method IF_EX_FMKU_BUDGET_EVNT~LINE_CHECKS

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

I found that BADI but when I try to change that using ABAPDEV it asks for Acess Key to modify the program. I understand BADI can be changed without access keys, am I doing something wrong.

Secondly, we are using Former Budgeting, is this BADI also valid in our case.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi BADI need to be create via se19 on basis on this one.

No,this badi only for BCS.

So you release budget via fr52?

Edited by: alex ice on Apr 12, 2011 10:43 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We use FR10 to release the budget. Your support is appreciated.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi, try to use FMVABD to validate it, but you need to use abap(eg to know that tcode=fr10,and read FC master data)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have been using the same transaction code as well as I am using a User Exit to validate certain things... but still I am unable to pass Fund Center as parameters to user exit to perform database query... this is where I am stuck...

regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi.

'but still I am unable to pass Fund Center as parameters'-I don't understand what's the problem? In ZRGGBR000 you declare required table, and write validation.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I belive i could not explain the problem properly... let me write it again.

1. I maintained Validation using FMVABD.

2. In PREREQUISITE I checked budget release operation using BPJA_VALID-VORGA = 'KBFR'

3. In CONDITION I used a user exit U100.

4. Made a copy of RGGBR000 as ZRGGBR000 and assigned it using GCX2.

5. Added following ABAP Code in FORM U100.

<CODE>

b_result = B_FALSE.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM FMFCTR WHERE BOSSID = SY-UNAME AND FICTR = '??????'.

IF SY-SUBRC = 0.

b_result = B_TRUE.

ENDIF.

</CODE>

'??????' In the second condition of WHERE CLUASE I want to mention Fund Center for which Budget is being released.

Another point is while maintaining validation using FMVABD, under TABLE FIELDS tab, one can find BPJA_VALID-FISTL (means Funds Center) but but I can not use in my ABAP Code.... it gives error message "BPJA_VALID" is unknown.

My appolgies for lengthy explanation... but hope it will help understanding the issue.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi. I'm not familiar with abap, but

First you need to know which table is used when budget releasing (let's say it's Z1).

Then in ZRGGBR000 you need to select using Z1-FISTL

0 Kudos

Z1 could be BPDZ, fistl you can get from OBJNR=FSFM areaFund center(but check)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I appreciate your support. However, the problem is related to ABAP... In fact master data table name (FMFCTR) and table field name (FICTR) are already known as mentioned in my query. This table feild is required to be compared with the "Funds Center Code" which is entered by user on Budget Release Screen and which is not stored in any table. Rather, that is usualy stored in temporary variables such as Structure...

Well, thank you again... I try to find some other work around.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi, but system'd check while saving and pick up value from BPDZ