cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AJAX with webdynpro using CE7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone help me in providing a tutorial how to use AJAX in a webdynpro java application in CE 7.2.

I mean how to do asynchronous input validation on a form using AJAX.

Regards

MQ

Edited by: My Queries on Apr 11, 2011 4:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot add your own client-side validation scripting in Web Dynpro but you can assign an action to the "onChange" event of an input field or you can implement input field suggestion. A tutorial is part of the Web Dynpro Demokit, see top of forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My requirement is we have a form with 4 fields. So when the user enters some data in the first field. After the first field loses its focus or the user comes to next field it should display an error message if validation fails. Similarly for all the fields. Normally, we do validation after filling the form and hitting some action but here I need to do the validation without interaction with the server.

I need to do this in CE 7.2.

Regards

MQ

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MQ,

What exactly is your requirement? According to my knowledge, input validation is already been made asynchronous from CE 7.1 onwards.

The onChange event should process your request as soon as the focus is removed from your control

Edit: See this blog for more info (about halfway) /people/oliver.mayer/blog/2008/11/17/web-dynpro-java-and-ajax-in-sap-netweaver-ce-71-enhancement-package-1

Edited by: Robin van het Hof on Apr 12, 2011 11:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin van het Hof,

Do you mean that we need to write the validation logic in onChange event?

I am not able to find the onChange event for the input field. I can see only onEnter event for the input field.

I am very much new to CE environment.

Regards

MQ

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's strange, if you're on CE 7.2, it should have an onChange event... Which version of NWDS are you using?

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On a side note, please be aware the onEnter and onChange events do not work in cooperation, according to SAP Note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1557998

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

I am able to see onchange event.

Regards

MQ