cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which mapping technique in SAP XI is effecient and fast? Any real issues faced and suggestions with all the four mapping techniques?

I would appricate if you guys share your experiences with these mapping methods and the problems faced.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Any real issues faced and suggestions with all the four mapping techniques?

I'd say there are 5

XSLT on java and XSLT on ABAP

it's still the same XSLT but with java XI has to

make a call to the java stack to get it with ABAP nothing

like this is needed

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

Are there any limitation/bottlenecks to use graphical mapping for IDOCs or any big documents?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anika,

At times context handling can become really really difficult and cumbersome using Graphical Mapping.

There is no hard and fast rule , but the choice depends on the developer and his comfort in each of the mapping techniques.

I for one jump at every opp to use java mapping , whereas my colleagues prefer Graphical Mapping. But, like I mentioned, if you can achieve something using Graphical Mapping, please use Graphical. Go for JAVA mapping only when it is an absolute must and unavoidable.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for problems faced. We used Java mapping in our of our projects and one major issue was the maintenance of the java mapping code. XI consultants are from various backgrounds and we found that JAVA mapping with SAX parser can be real difficult to maintain as well as make changes.

Graphical Mapping provides ease of use and I guess if there is something that can be done using Graphical Mapping itself, then you should choose Graphical Mapping as the choice of the mapping program.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Graphical Mapping is the fasttest and most efficient.

ABAP and JAVA mapping are both equally good in tertms of perfromance.

XSLT mapping uses XSL transformations and is easy once again , but it can cause serious perfromance bottelnecks.

If the choice is between JAVA and ABAP, look into what functionality are you trying to achieve. If you are going to do multiple lookup s in R3 tabels , etc , ABAP mapping is good, if you wanna call some Java API's , use some standard java functionality, Java mapping can be used.

Also take a look at an ealrier Discusion,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal