cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

am a graduate in mechanical engineering , can anybody let me know what exatlcy SAP PLM means , is this anyway related to field of mechanical engineering , what are the modules in SAP that are related to Mechanical stream , what is the sourse of study material for SAP PLM , please answer these questions for me,,,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas harsha,

You can learn any module, even mechanical or electrical its nothing like that module is related.

Just if you have a good domain knowledge thats far enough. If you are specific to Mechanical its better to learn MM(Material Master), but not compulsory.

Basic fundamental is you need to understand the business process and for that you need a domain knowledge. Hope you understood.

Any how PLM is Product Life Cycle Management.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsha,

SAP Product Life cycle Management generally encompasses all the processes that happen in a typical manufacturing company starting from birth of a product idea to its end of life cycle, it facilitates design engineering, collaborative engineering and project management, pipeline management / program management, portfolio management, document management, Engineering change requests, service and maintenance, it also includes Quality management, Environment Health and safety, Plant maintenance, Recipe Management for Process industries, collaboration engineering, variant configuration, etc etc

Please refer to below links for more insight. This should give you the required overview to make a educated decision about your career and interests.

For over view:

1. http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/plm/index.epx

For training info:

2. http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/plm.epx

For self study:

3. SAP Help and SDN wiki

As said in the above chain, business process plays a big role!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions else please close the thread.

regards

N K