cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Variant in VT01N transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My SAP is ECC 6.0. I created a variant for shipment. I want to make a variant that will automaticallt filled up the delivery date field with the current date. But when I did changes, I did not apply.

Below is the steps that I followed:

- Running the SE38 transaction the program SAPLV56L

- Clicking the button "Variants" and "Change"

- Informing the alternative "Z_SD_SHP_ET01"

- Clicking the button "Attributes" then "Change"

- In the "Selection Variable" for the field "Delivery Date" in the objects of the selection screen 30.

- Select the type D "Dynamic date calculation"

- Selecting the value "current date" in the list of possible values. Then save.

But when I test in VT01N using the variant, the delivery date is not automatically filled.

Does anyone know how I could make the delivery date field automatically filled with the current date in the variant of VT01N?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you enter "I" + "EQ" for current date in the variant attribute?

Selection variable; Option; Name of Variable

D; =; Current Date

When choosing "Current Date" value, you have two fileds in the pop-up window: "I/E" and "Option" --> if you set "I" and "EQ" then you will get the "=" in the "Option" field of Variant Attribute screen.

Nothing else is needed.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 11, 2011 10:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Csaba,

I did input "I" + "EQ" for current date in the variant attribute but when I tried to create the shipment using the created variant.

The delivery date is not automatically filled. I also assigned the created variant in SHIPMENT TYPE.

What I see I observed is that even though I inputted the "I" + "EQ" for current date in the variant attribute, when I display the variant, the "I" + "EQ" for current date is not there.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no need to assign the variant to SHIPMENT TYPE, it should work w/o that also (if you select it manually).

As I mentioned there's no other setting required, only what was mentioned by me. You can check OSS note 763801 where there's a video file which explains how to create it.

Or you can check the same on SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c0/98039be58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

You should try the dynamic date for other programs (e.g RM07DOCS (MB51)) as well to find out what is behind your problem (problem is about VT01N or the problem is general)

remark:

1. If your definition is 'D = Current Date' you won't see the "=" sign on the selection screen, only the date should appear (in ECC6.0).

2. If you are using user variant, then you have to keep some naming convention, please search for OSS notes.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 11, 2011 11:41 AM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Apr 11, 2011 11:44 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign this created variant in SHIPMENT TYPE

First check for which you created variant,create for shipment type also I suggest you not to go through se38

Follow below steps

IMG >> Logistic execution >> Transportation >> Shipments >> Define shipment time

Go to shipment type detail >> Scroll down >> under PROPOSAL tab

Enter selection variant name and click on maintain

Then maintain date type and possible value for delivery date and save varient and save shipment type

Now it will work.

Kapil