cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FT Vs SAP GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Whether the SAP FT (foreign trade) settings (from R/3 side) are required, if I am implementing GTS system?

Or GTS system itself will take care of all FT settings without any settings done in R/3

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP GTS comes with a plugin at ERP @ SAP FT. You would need to make configs there for all the services you would be using for SAP GTS. SAP GTS doesn't work without predefining the settings at ERP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks you for your reply, you mean, I need to do settings for FT (foreign trade/customs) under MM or SD in R/3 side as well other than configuring system communications between R/3 and GTS, mapping of R/3 organization elements with GTS organizational elements; transfer of master data from R/3 to GTS etc

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thats correct. Path on MM Side : SPRO -> MM -> Purchasing -> FT/Customs -> SAP GTS Plugin -> Control Data for Transfer to GTS.

For communication set up, please ask the basis to perform it. You can find it in /sapsll/menu_legalr3 (at ECC side) and go to basic settings tab, perform all the necessary setup for system connection to SAP GTS.

Organization structure, master data etc should be done after communication setups are performed. Also try and go through the SAP GTS config guides and help.sap.com. These are excellent documents/website to learn.

Also go through SDN forum to get answers to many questions, info, notes, ideas etc. You can find a lot of excellent info shared by Christin, Marc, Gabrial (to name a few) on this forum. Please use them to learn as i have learned and got benefited.

All the best.

Cheers,

Abir