cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20N - how to activate characteristic value assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I think I cannot activate summarization via masterdata characteristics. What needs to be done in order to activate CJ20N menu

extras -> configuration -> characteristic value assignment ?

I could activate extras -> classification -> project summarization , but as I understood it is "old fashioned" functionality, meaning it is summarization via classification.

Please help guys.

Thanks.

Regards,

Laimonas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it for sure that classification via masterdata characteristics CANNOT be used for WBS or project definition ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i understand, summarization via classification is no longer supported.

this has been replaced by summarization via masterdata characteristics.

this is under Executive Information System

Before you make the settings, you should be familiar with the EIS concept. For information on this, refer to Enterprise Controlling in the SAP Library.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

EIS concept doesn't say about the problem:

WHY clasification is inactive for WBS and WHY classification is active for network ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laimonas,

I tried assigning a Class of type 014 for the top level WBS element in a newly created project and system allows assigning the same for Project Summarization. If you have an IDES system, try with the SAP provided Class SAP_KKR_CLASS. Once you succeed in this, you can try replicating all the maintained parameters for the new class which you want to create.

Regards,

Balachandar L

Former Member
0 Kudos

YYes, this is ok if "classification via masterdata characteristic" is UNTICKED in proj.profile. This is "old classification". Proj.summarization option works fine on new projects and with that thing off in proj.profile.

But i am talking about this so called "new classification".

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can activate by means of program RCJCLMIG which you run in the Project System IMG. you may go to the Project System IMG and choose Information System > Responsibility Accounting.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

and what I can I do there in Responsibility Accounting ? run conversion ? I did that already, my problem stood still.

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Laimonas,

I think the characteristic value assignment function is only for the configurable material that is assigned to this project, but you

can't define this for the project itself.

Regards,

Rachel