cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS Import taking long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We want to modify ESS standard screens to include a field for attaching documents.

We are EP 7.0 ehp1,and ESS files are as below

EPBUILDT07_0-10005900.SCA

SAPBUILDT07_0-10005880.SCA

SAPJEE07_0-10005884.SCA

SAPJTECHF07_0-10005909.SCA

SAPESS07_0-20002355.SCA

SAPPCUIGP07_0-20002356.SCA

I am trying to import ESS Software component from CMS. I have

successfully checked-in.

I could see the files uder development tab, waiting to be imported. when I click import, all files except ESS are imported successfully. Only the ESS file shows status "Import Running" since last 8 hours.

Is it a standard behaviour or is there something I have missed.

Should I import the Development configurations into my NWDS or otherwise further import files into Consolidation tab and then import from there into my NWDS?

Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Please check the below mentioned steps and let me know if you have missed any...

1. You have the ESS standard .SCA file present in SLD and you have created a track for it to modify its content.

2. You have copied all the standard .SCA files from the path /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/EPS/buildarchives/

to the CMS transport directory (<specified in the domain tab>\CMS\inbox) directory in order to make these dependencies available for your tracks.

3. Your CMS is updated and your Track is ready to be modified containing the ESS SC.

4. From the Transport Studio under CMS Web UI for your ESS Track, you have successfully Checked-In the Components under the Check-In Tab of your ESS Track.

5. After that you went to Development tab of your ESS track to import the Components into Development build space, after successful import the status of the components must have changed from u201Cwaiting for importu201D to u201CImport Finishedu201D.

6. Then Open the CBS web UI.

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

Here, find out the build spaces specific to your track inside Buildspaces Table.

<SID>_<TrackName>_D

Check whether all the dependent components that you have imported in to Development Tab mentioned in previous step number 5 are all present or not?

7. After that you went to Consolidation tab of your ESS track to import the Components into Consolidation build space, after successful import the status of the components must have

changed from u201Cwaiting for importu201D to u201CImport Finishedu201D.

8. Then Open the CBS web UI again.

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

Here, find out the build spaces specific to your track inside Buildspaces Table.

<SID>_<TrackName>_C

Check whether all the dependent components that you have imported in to Consolidation Tab mentioned in previous step number 7 are all present or not?

Let me know about your findings.

In which step you have got stuck?

Also go through the following Wikis it may be useful...

ESS 100 must be build agains 640 build plugins, while ESS 600 can be used for 700.

For 640 (ESS 100)

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/SPsMismatchinERP2004

For 700 (ESS 600):

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOWTOGETRIDOFSPSTACKMISMATCHISSUES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

Thank you for the reply which is very helpful for cross checking the procedure.

The import is finished successfully after long time, without any manual changes.

Could you please let me know if this is the standard or expected behaviour.

Now, When should i import the Development Configuration(DC) into NWDS ??

I am able to see files under "Consolidation" tab with "Waiting for import" status.

Note: "Development" tab is empty without files now.

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

you have to first import the SCAs into consoilidation (even if u dont have a runtime system for consolidation) and then into all the runtime systems.

if the status is 'waiting for import', it means that it is still in queue. so, first import them in consolidation only then you will be able to see the dcs in consolidation tab in NWDS.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

The import of the ESS component takes indeed a long time: here it took us three and a half hours to import it (with 2 parallel CBS services).

Remember, the ESS component has over 530 DC's in it, so it will take a long time to build, check DC dependecies and deploy the applications.

If you have a SAP-DB as your NWDI database, you could run "Update database statistics" (ask your basis team for that): with a lot of database activities like large imports and so on, this can improve performance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Yes, it is absolutely standard and expected behavior. ESS Component is a very heavy standard component delivered from SAP. So, one need to be really patient while working on ESS modifications.

OK, continuing with your remaining queries...

As mentioned, you have successfully imported the Components into Development build-space.

That means you have successfully completed the process till the 5th step mentioned in my last reply.

Now, please complete the step-6 to to step-8.

After completing the Step-8, you can import the Development configuration into NWDS for modifications.

About the NOTE that you have mentioned, it absolutely working as expected.

Once thee status of a component becomes "Import Finished" it will disappear from the table on refresh.

The same applies true when you'll import the components into consolidation, after successful import the entries will vanish from the table.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas,

Thank you for the clear and crisp reply.

When i am importing into Consolidation buildspace the SAP_ESS sca file is taking more time, thats Ok but even the server is going down, Basis had to restart the system manually.Any idea why this happens?

My next question is after successful import into consolidation and then into NWDS, in order to modify ESS standard Leave request screen i.e add attachment field in the layout, Can i use a new RFC or should i enhance the existing standard RFC.

If so should i reimport the model or create new model and how do i deploy all these after modifications ??

Regards,

Ankur

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

To answer your first query it seems like a hardware sizing issue , please go through the Hardware requirements of Java Development Infrastructure explained in the [SAP Note: 737368|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=737368]

and check whether your landscape is inline with the statistics recommended in this note.

Regarding your query number 2.

You may refer to the JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS

[JDI Cookbook for ESS|https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012003146900000048922007E/JDI.zip]

[NWDI Cookbook for XSS|https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012003146900000048932007E/NWDI.zip]

found under [SAP Note: 872892|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=872892]

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you again for your reply.

i have imported the track and now checkout ess/in/fam appication to modify. i changed a text in the view and rather than going to nwdi way to deploy(nwdi is configured on dev portal), i deployed directly on sandbox, using DC deploy.

I checked in sandbox but the application was not modified. Since this applicaiton uses ess/per file as well for various functions, i check out ess/per and uploaded in sandbox directly. because of this, all personal information services have started throwinng webdynpro java error.

Please help me to rectify this

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check your SDM logs .If it is writing logs without any error then there shold not be problem .

Thanks..

Mohit