cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Expense type for specific employee catagories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Expert,

We have to create new expense & vehicle type, and it should be apply specific for members, who have their own employee category say SM.

How can i do it in configuration, and what to check whether it is possible or not. Is it require some activity to perform from HR side. I am FI consultant and have no idea about HR module.

Thanks in advance

Bipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bipintiwari ,

1.Go to SPRO Transaction

2.Display IMG Path---> Financial Accounting (NEW) -

>Travel Management ->Travel Expenses-> Master Data --->Travel Expenses type

3. Or Go to SM30 Trancation

4. Maintain Table View : V_T706B1

I think it will be useful for your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumaran Duraiswamy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

appending above ...

Configure your expense type

V_T706B1

Please note that while defining expense type use " Expense Permissibility" coloumn for your requirement which must be assign to employee master data (PA30) infotype 17 and Employee Grouping for Travel Expense Type... MAP it for the selective employees.

I hope it would served your purpose...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for reply,

I checked the existing configuration and found that all employees are maintained in Group 1 so how i can do it through expense permissibility.

iari

Best Regards

Bipin T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintained two expense groups,,

*Existing*

Group 1 = Existing expenses (which is already implemented)

NEW

Group 2 = Existing expenses + new Expenses (allowed only to selective employees)...

Then assign group 2 to only selective employees (PA30 IT 0017)

Now Normal employee can use normal expenses which are available in Group 1..

Selective employees can also use existing expenses + new expenses

As you are already a FICO consultant, If you need configuration steps of this, then do let me know...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad

It would be helpful if you can provide the configuration step to do this with explanation.

My query is how we can assign expense type to Group 2. Can we do same for Vehicle types also so that new vehicle type can to use by only selective employee.

How can we assign Group 2 to only selective employee.

Thanks In advance

Best Reagrds

Bipin Tiwari

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Infotype 17 of HR master data, you have field 'EE Grp Expense Type'. update Group 2 in this field(for a Personal Number)

In Expense Type master data i.e. in table V_T706B1, you will have field 'Exp Ty. Permissibility'. Update Group 2 in this field.

This will allow only users with Group 2, to use the expense type..

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have found your one answer as prescribed above very clearly...

Secondly, you regarding new vehicle class and assignment of new vehicle class, please find below..

Define Influence of Control Parameters: Travel Costs

Different control parameters apply for flat rates for travel costs. The following parameters, which you defined in master data, can also be used for meals per diems:

Trip type - statutory

Trip activity type

Trip area (defined via country key and region key)

Theoretically, you have to define a travel flat rate for Travel Accounting for each possible combination of the values of these parameters. You can, however, specify for each trip provision variant whether and how these parameters influence Travel Accounting.

Activities

1. Choose the relevant trip provision variant.

2. Check the setting for the control parameter Trip type - statutory, and change it, if you wish.

3. Check the setting for the control parameter Trip activity type and change it, if you wish.

4. Check the setting for the control parameter Trip area, and change it, if you wish.

Further notes

According to the criteria that you specify here, you have to define a flat rate for travel costs for every further possible combination of the values of this parameter.

If you want to use Miles/Kilometers cumulation, you also have to define the conditions and control parameters for cumulation, since they also influence travel flat rates.

I hope it would serve your purpose..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muhammad

In your earlier reply you suggested to maintain two different expense group. Group 1 for existing expense & Group 2 for Existing+New expense. In Expense type already existed i can see that in Expense type permissibility it has assigned to 123456789.

Can you please explain how to maintain expense Group 2 (IMG Path) and how to assign it to selective employees (PA30 IT 0017)

Your detailed input will help me a lot.

Best Reagrds

Bipin Tiwari

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor

SPRO --> SAP Refernec IMG --> Financial Accounting --> Travel Management --> Travel Expenses --> Master Data --> Control Parameter for Travel Expense --> Control Parameters for Travel Priveleges --> Define Employee Grouping for Travel Expenses.

or

You can maintain entries directly in table.

SM30 --> Give Table V_T702C --> Click Maintain.

Once you create group through one of the above steps, go to PA30 , give 17 in infotype field and click Create.

In IT17 screen, under 'Groupings' tab you can update the group in the field 'EE Grp Expense Type'

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am also stuck in my problem any way's will help you problem....

Create your new expense group V_T702C

Give it name as 2

then you will go V_T706B1

Select all old expense types and remove 2 from expense permissibility (now 13456789 )

Save it...

Then create new expenses on the same table (V_T706B1) and assign permissibility as 123456789 (Included 2).

Then go to pa30 and assign group 2 to selective employees, new expense type will be available in their trip...

Please note that you don't need to change the old employee grouping in PA30...they can still avail old expenses...

I hope it would serve your problem...

Prashanth has also give this solution but i also wrote it :).. i think full points shall be given to Prashanth...

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad and Prashant,

Thanks for the detailed clarification. Now i have some clarity. Please verify my understanding

I checked in table V_T702C and found that group 2 already existed.

I will create a new expense type in V_T706B1 and in expense permissibility i will give only 2 as it is only for Group 2 employee,

and since old expense types will required for selective employees also in expense permissibility i will maintained it for 123456789.

Am i correct?

Further in new vehicle types can i follow same process there or it has some different configuration steps (New Vehicle types is required for selective employee only)

I know i am bothering you but i appreciate your unconditional help extended to me.

Thanks & Regards

Bipin Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry with minor correction...

Hi Bipin,

Please find my comments below...

I checked in table V_T702C and found that group 2 already existed.

I will create a new expense type in V_T706B1 and in expense permissibility i will give only 2 as it is only for Group 2 employee,

and since old expense types will required for selective employees also in expense permissibility i will maintained it for 123456789.

Group 1 = old employees = permissibility = 123456789

Group 2 = New employees = permissibility = 23456789

Please note that don't change old expenses, just make new expenses with permission 23456789 and assign your group 2 to the selective employee's in pa30 info 0017..

Am i correct?

Further in new vehicle types can i follow same process there or it has some different configuration steps (New Vehicle types is required for selective employee only)

if you are talking about flat rate then i am not sure otherwise do it as defined above...

Edited by: Muhammad Umer on Apr 13, 2011 2:54 PM

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

Your understanding is correct.

But, you cannot implement the same for New Vehicle Types..This can be done by implementing enhancement.You require ABAP help to proceed with this implementation.

Travel Management --> Business Add-Ins and User Exits in Travel Management --> Entry --> BAdI: Receipt Wizard.

Thanks,

Prashanth

0 Kudos

Nice suggestion to check in infotype 17, for those like me that are not HR experts it is not so obvious in the beginning

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks