cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Language translations for Catalogs using LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have hundreds of codes entered for a Catalog in English and I need to be able to load all the French translations for those codes. Doing a translation by hand is simple by just clicking on the Translation selection in the Menu. However, when I try to do that using LSMW recordings, it doesn't record a field that I can attach my source data to for the translation. So, basically, I can't get it to work. Is this even possible? Is there another way to load translations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While saving the Excel file, save in "Unicode Text" with that French value. That will upload the data as you require.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying but could you be a little more specific on the steps involved with getting the data loaded? You mention that I need to save my file differently on the Excel side, but what about on the SAP side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Data has been captured as per the template

2. Instead of capturing catalog codes in English, keep those details in the Required language (in your case, its French).

3. Save the Excel file as Unicode Text instead of Tab delimited or other recommended formats.

4. Login into SAP as normal. Nothing specifically required from SAP side.

5. Do the normal LSMW technique to upload the data.

http://www.sap-img.com/general/lsmw-and-ftp-upload-chinese-or-non-english-characters.htm

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Edited by: Maheswaran.K on Apr 12, 2011 8:56 AM