cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am installing Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 4 in windows xp i am getting an error at starting only.

An error occurred while processing service SAP Solution Manager 4.0 Support Release 4 > Standalone Engines > Solution Manager Diagnostics Agent > Solution Manager Diagnostics Agent Installation( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: .). You may now

choose Retry to repeat the current step.

choose View Log to get more information about the error.

stop the task and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/STANDALONE/SMD/INST

The log i am getting is

ERROR 2011-04-11 06:26:38.171

<html> <head> </head> <body> OS User privileges have been enriched by SAPinst as they were insufficient. The installation is stopped and you have to <b>log off</b> in order to reliably continue the installation. <p> <b>Note:</b><br>If this message reappears after the new logon, your domain is probably setting group policies. In this case, make sure the account which runs the installation has the following user rights before continuing:<br><em>Act as part of the operating system</em>, <em>Increase quotas</em> and <em>Replace a process level token</em> </p> </body></html>

ERROR 2011-04-11 06:26:38.250

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: .

ERROR 2011-04-11 06:26:38.250

FCO-00011 The step AddPrivileges with step key |InstallSMD|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SA_Preinstall|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|AddPrivileges was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: .).

Please resolve this, Thanks in advance

Regards

Gowtham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you logged off from the window and then started again ?

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to the "Diagnostics Agent Setup Guide - 7.11".

This document can be found at:

- http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

- Media Library

Please check section 3.4.3 "Operating System Users on Windows", verify

that the user used to run SAPInst has all authorization described there.

Hopefuilly this should address the problem.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunny

I have logged off and logged in again then the installation continued and it is asking kernel nw70 path, java component solman 40sr4 path, i have given the paths G:\solman\51033508_11 kernel\NW_7.0_SR3_Kernel_WINDOWS__LNX_X86\KU_WINDOWS_I386\LABEL.ASC, G:\solman\51033521 java exports\DATA_UNITS\JAVA_EXPORT\LABEL.ASC, and it is not asking exports and oracle client path, the installation has completed in 2 minutes with 14 steps.

Regards

Gowtham

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't give space in DVD's path and try to shorten the path to DVD. Then try again.

Thanks

Sunny