cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier note not printing in PO smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On creating a new PO if the user wants to attach a note to the supplier, this note is not visible in the print preview of the PO smartform..

I noticed that if the user gives the text continuosly (that is by not giving new lines) then the entire text is getting displayed.. But if the user gives new line in the note then only the line before the new line is displayed in the form..

Example :

If the user types "Hi, xxxx yyyy xxxx yyyyy" (continuos text without pressing enter(text in a single line)) then the entire text is displayed in the form.

But if the user types as below

"Hi,

xxxxx

yyyyy

xxxxx

yyyyy"

Then only the text "Hi" is displayed in the form. The lines after the new line (after giving an enter) are not displayed.

Please help.

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mary,

Please let me know whether TDID is 'HTXT' or 'ITXT'.

Are u using standard form or Custom form.

I have tired similar text in supplier text and it is printing in same format as below for standard form.

"Hi,

xxxxx

yyyyy

zzzzz

Check BBP_PD transcation for PO document , is the same format it is saving your text

LongTexts:

TDID TDS TDSPRAS TDLINE

0000000001 ITXT EN Hi,#xxxxx#yyyyy#zzzzz

If your using custom then use standard logic for longtext.

Regards,

Neelima

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changes carried out.

Thanks

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope you are using the custom field for the supplier note.If it is a customer field ZZ_SUPPLIER_MSG and you entered

Hi,

xxxxx

yyyyy

zzzzz

then the ZZ_SUPPLIER_MSG field contains the value like Hi,#xxxxx#yyyyy#zzzzz .So that you need to split this string

as follows

SPLIT ZZ_SUPPLIER_MSG AT cl_abap_char_utilities=>newline INTO TABLE lt_vendor_msg.

loop at lt_vendor_msg into ls_vendor_msg.

ls_longtext_cp-guid = Header guid.

ls_longtext_cp-tdid = 'HTXT'

ls_longtext_cp-tdspras = you need to map this

ls_longtext_cp-tdformat = you need to map this

ls_longtext_cp-tdline = ls_vendor_msg.

ls_longtext_cp-counter = ls_longtext_cp-counter + 1.

endloop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Actually there was a validation for the text display in the standard form where only the first line gets displayed and now its resolved.

But there is another issue:

I>> f the user gives continuous text (without pressing enter i.e. without giving any new line) at item level as a note to the supplier then it prints only first 100 characters in the smartform and the entire text is not displayed.

>> While if the user gives text say like

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(ie) new line entries are persent then it prints the entire text given by the user irrespective of the number of characters and the text flows to the next page in the smartform.

Why does this behaviour occur??