Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archived document showing unknown file type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im having a big issue here.

We are using Kofax to scan the document like expenses into the content server(maxdb)

Previously the system is R3 4.7 with EP6. We are able to open the attachment without any issue.

but recently the system has been upgraded to ECC6 7.01, and now the problem comes..

when we click the attachment list, a windows will pop out and we have to save the file with unknown file type to local drive.

Then we have to use the picture and fax viewer to open the saved attachment.

There is no changes on the Kofax bacause we have other systems which with R3 4.7,and ECC6 7.00 are using the the same content server but without any issue.

We usually saved the file with TIF.

We found that the image saved with wrong content type.in OAAD the "Content-type" is saved with value "i" .

the correct value should be "Content-type" with value "image/tiff"

We have used OAWD to save the TIF file but also having the same issue..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Goto OAG1

Scroll down to where it says "always copy document class from doc type" and untick it. Save.

Phillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Did you check the document class under OAC2 t-code.

Its should be .tif.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in OAC2 we are using document type ZHRCA and the class is *

This is working in ERP4.7 and ECC6 7.00

but its not working in ECC6 7.01

we are using Kofax to scan the documents , but the value for parameter stored in content server is "Content-type= I"

The correct value suppose to be "Content-type=image/tiff"

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Check for the workstation application in DC 30 and define the mime types for all applications like .tiff,.docx i.e. office 2007 files. and second suggestion is that install ECL viewer 6 with patch , it's free at sap marketplace and check these files are opening properly.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

the issue is still the same.

I have check in the OAAD, the document class is : TIF but the MIMETYPE is still "i" only.

SAP has replied saying that the value sent from Kofax to archive link is as below:

Content-type length :1 => the correct value should be "128"

Content-type : I => the correct should be "Image/tiff"

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to get a resolution on this?

Im facing a similar issue with ECC6.0 EHP3, using the * document class. Documents are being stored on the archive server with mime type text/x-doctype (Any document - PDF, Tif, Doc etc) and therefore not displaying corrctly when viewed via sap gui.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Did you have the solution? I got the same issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Goto OAG1

Scroll down to where it says "always copy document class from doc type" and untick it. Save.

Phillip