cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 Service ? Unknown Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to implement a logon loadbalancing option in our SAP GUI here, logging on thru a message server. Here are the things I have done

The saplogon.ini file is currently present in c:\Windows. Created a sapmsg.ini file with the following entry

SID=Message server Host Name and placed it in c:\Windows

Edited the entries in services files located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc to have the following entry

sapms<SID> tab 3600/tcp (00 is the system number)

After this tried to logon to a group server and mentioned the message server host name in the logon pad. But I keep getting the service ? unknown error.

Can anyone advise if I am missing something here?

Thanks

Poornima

PS: The PC's are running on Windows 7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Edited the entries in services files located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc to have the following entry

> sapms<SID> tab 3600/tcp (00 is the system number)

>

> After this tried to logon to a group server and mentioned the message server host name in the logon pad. But I keep getting the service ? unknown error.

Make sure you put a newline behind that entry if it's the last line.

Try to clean the hosts/services cache:

ipconfig /flushdns

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael and Markus it was perhaps something to do with my service files. I just replaced the services files and it started working.

I have rewarded the points too....Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just solved my issue creating a Logon Group in SAP GUI.

For 'Group/Server Selection'

If you System ID does not appear, do as follows.

I am on SAP GUI 7.40 

1. In C:/Windows you will find the 'sapmsg.ini' file   Ensure you have you entry as such

ABC=r3xyz.company.com

ABC is your SID

r3xyz is your Host

company.com is your domain name.

When you drop down the SID list it will look at this file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you have the logon groups setup on the message server under SMLG and servers assigned to those groups?

Also on the SAP GUI, when you setup the entries for the connections, are they defined as a custom application server or Group/server selection?

Regards,

Zecher