Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need your help in the following taks. Pls Advise

1: I want to perform MDM refresh from MDM Dev server to new server.

2: For the above task I have completed MDM installation on new server. Now want to do duplicate repository from DEV server to new server.

3: Below are my 2 questions

A: I am able to perform duplicate repository on DEV server but not able to identify where it is stored (I know we can do mount as new repository but want to see where it was created as we can identify like in archived repositories in Archived directory as .a2a files).

B: If we can idetify that file can we move it to new server and can mount there?

B: Can we create duplicate repository on target server (In my case new server) from DEV server. If so pls let me know the steps to do.

MY system details: OS (AIX)

DB (DB2)

Appreciate your help. Pls

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

When you perform a repository duplicate operation, you need to specify the DBMS to which you are duplicating.

That means that the duplicated repository will be stored in the DBMS you specified.

If you connect to the SQL server DBMS you will be able to find the repository name under the Databases object.

After the repository has duplicated, you are able to mount it from a specific MDM Server.

It is not automatically mounted on the MDM server you duplicated from and you can not directly select on which MDM Server to mount it. (Logically, most of the times when one duplicates a repository, it is to be mounted from a server other than the original).

It is different than the archive operation which stores the a2a file on the file directory.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda Cohen,

Thank You for your reply, I got cleared what is Duplicate repository from your answer but couldn't help me how to perform that.

Pls reply to the below questions.

Scenario is performing duplicate repository from Dev to QA server

1: I performed duplicate repository from Dev Correct?

(For this while doing duplicate repository These are the steps I performed. Right click on repository and selected duplicated repository. Then it asks for details on db instance name, and rep name here I should give DEV system details only. It is not allowing me to give other DB details as you mentioned.)

2: In the above case supposed I performed duplicate repository using DEV database credentials then as per your answer if I want to perform mount repository from QA, if I give QA database credentials while mounting this duplicate reposiroty it is saying database connection failed and not at all accepting DEV database details which has duplicate repository.

Pls Advise the steps to perform while taking DEV and QA as examples.

Thank You very much.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to duplicate the repository from Development to QA environment please make sure to enter the DB2 Control Center and add in the DEV DB2 client the connection information of the QA DB2 client and verify that the connection is established.

By doing so, it should be possible to duplicate a repository across the DB environments.

Alternatively you can archive in DEV and unarchive in QA,

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda Cohen,

Thank You very much for your reply, It clarifies my doubt. I wanted to know how database recognizes another database in MDM console while doing Duplicate repository.

Thanks Again,

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

If you want to refresh one MDM server to other, then why don't you use the Archive/unarchive repository method.

This way you will get all the repository objects along with data from one server to other server.

Is there any specific reason for this?

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

be sure of what ur requirement is and then ask for the suitable solution - instead to going for a process (like duplicate and then have doubts)

for moving the repo from Dev to QA (where you need just the schema and not the DATA i believe)

the best way to do this - is export of repo schema in DEV and then do a import in the Q

this will bring the same repo STRUCTURE in Q but without any data

is this what you want to do ??

let us know

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adrvit,

Thanks, I clearly mentioned that I want to perform duplicate repository not archve and unarchive. If I mention scenario every one can understand what is going to perform and what is the problem I am facing.

Thanks,

Srinivas