cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking file from Legacy and dumping it in XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have to pick a file from legacy and place it in XI archive directory, I have configured w.r.to the blog on file to file transfer without IR, but my doubt is what i need to provide for receiver agreement and receiver communication channel, i have configured the receiver determination and interface determination as Dummy.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you provided for interface and namespace in Receiver Determination and Interface Determination , same thing you can specify in the receiver agreement and receiver comm channel. When you activate Interface Determination you will get warning for leaving blank for operation mapping but that is ok. Basically you need to create sender and receiver communication channel as usual and rest data are dummy or fake. So just do only ID objects. hope that helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all for your valuable inputs, as suggested by many, I checked with the other team and changed the communication channel file name from * to specific and also i just have to archive the file, so I have stopped the process in receiver determination by providing no receiver and stopping with no errors if no receiver found option, hence no interface determination or receiver agreement is needed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Newa,

I have to pick a file from legacy and place it in XI archive directory, I have configured w.r.to the blog on file to file transfer without IR

Just for transferring the files from Legacy System, to PI archive, i dont think so using an interface is a good choice.

SAP PI is not for just transferring the files between 2 locations....

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my doubt is what i need to provide for receiver agreement and receiver communication channel, i have configured the receiver determination and interface determination as Dummy.

A couple of pointer here:

1. Please refer the following wiki link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20file%20without%20using%20with%20Integration%20Re...

It helps you in creating receiver CC which is bascially a file receiver channel in your case.You can use NFS mode here along with this provide target directory, file name etc.

2. Also, if you are using PI 7.1 then you should consider using Advanced adapter engine/ Integrated Configuration. It improves the performance as it bypass the Integration engine. Refer the following blogs:

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2008/11/19/local-processing-in-the-advanced-adapter-engine-using-pi-71

3. Also, I think you are doing this scenario just for test purpose. Otherwise, you can easily handle this w/o PI here. Using ECC functionalities of FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured with reference to the blog but I have a small problem while testing it.

Already there is a communication channel used in another scenario which pick any file as file name is maintained as *, now when i test my scenario, the other communication channel also picks up the file leading to triggering wrong mails..

Can you please help me with any soution in solving this , I cant change the other scenario with * as filename.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the already existing communication channel is picking up the file from the same legacy system.

If yes, then you can use that communication channel and if not, then you can create the new communication channel and it will not be impacted by the existing one.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

The file is picked from the same folder.

I have created one communication channel for picking the file and another communication channel to archive the file.

Used interface as dummy, namespace as http://dummy

When the file is picked up, the other scenario is triggered and as per that scenario a mail is sent .

Can you please tell me how to make my scenario to bypass the other one without triggering any mails.

I cant alter the other scenario so i need to change mine to achieve this.

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you please help me with any soution in solving this , I cant change the other scenario with * as filename.

If you cannot maintain different FileNames then I would suggest that you maintain different folders....one folder containing the files for the existing scenario....and a new folder containing the files for moving to archive folder of XI/ PI.

Another option (avoiding Xi/ PI objects)....look into the option of using OS-level scripts to move the files from source folder to target folder....even in this case you would need to maintain a differenr folder otherwise the existing channel would pick the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you have two scenarios which points to same folder for the same files (all files of that folder)

1. In this case then can use two recevers instead of one ...one for mail scenario and another for archiving...

2. If only specific files need to be archived then find out the possible file name scheme..like fil* or file????? based on the file name conventions...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to use the existing folder and cant ask for a new one, is there any other option apart from this. I know there are lot of constraints but need to achive this is without modifying the existing scenario

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to make sure that the other scenario doesnt pick this file so you hav the following options:

1. Change the file name for the other CC from * to a specific file name.

2. Stop that channel temporarily from RWB.

Hope it helps.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>but my doubt is what i need to provide for receiver agreement and receiver communication channel.

In Receiver Communication channel, you provide that Transport Protocol, Message Protocol, Target Directory, File name and other stuff.

In Receiver agreement, you can provide that Sender BS, Receiver BS,dummy interface and namespace.

Ex: Sender BS: BS_FileSender

Receiver BS: BS_FileReceiver

Interface : Dummy

Namespace: urn:abc

Receiver Communication Channel: CC_FileReceiver

Please see the below link, it might be useful to you.

[Without_IR|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File%20to%20file%20without%20using%20with%20Integration%20Repository?bc=true]

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh_1113 on Apr 9, 2011 6:11 PM