cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PR/ PO - SAP DMS - Documentum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

As per my understanding Documentum can be used as storage server through Archivelink functionality in SAP

Documentum also offers content services and archiving services for SAP......

I want to understand what all are the available options of integrating Documentum to SAP DMS e.g using Archivelink offered by SAP, Agent and manage component offered by Documentum... or we attach URL of documents from documentum to DIR in SAP DMS....

Here is a scenario:

we use Documentum content services for SAP - 6.0. Files are uploaded in Documentum and PR PO created in SAP....

Presently we use agent services for SAP object linking, this creates a DIR which is linked to PR/PO at item level and has a DRL related to Documentum ,

now agent services are background jobs, but we want to use manage component which will allow end users to search sap object and link documentum to sap objects - PR/PO at item level

as we were told that "The Manage component can be used to Link documents in Documentum to SAP objects. But Manage cannot be used for Purchase Orders and Requisitions because of the multiple key attributes"

Can you pleae tell me if its really not possible to link PR PO to documentum through SAP DMS interface?

or can you please suggest if we have any other option...

have checked archivelink, but then this will be through GOS and would be at header level....:(

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

".....Can you pleae tell me if its really not possible to link PR PO to documentum through SAP DMS interface? "...

Yes it is possible to link PR PO to SAP DMS and the documents can be hosted on the Documentum server.

regards,

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N K,

Please let me know How??

is it through SAP object linking from Documentum side using Agent component/ services....

or any other option is available to link at item level???

REgards

Answers (0)