cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SOAP to RFC syncronus scenario.

I want to pass my login credentials along with the URL.

So i have added &sap-user=<>&sap-password=<> to my url which points to IE directly and its working fine.

When I add the same credentials to my Soap adapter URL it isnt working.

I am using the below syntax to connect to soap adapter and its failing , but same works if i connect directly to IE.

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServletchannel=party:Senderservice:channel name&sap-user=<>&sap-password=<>

Can someone help me on this please.

Thanks,

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot add user logon credentials in soap request URL. SOAP adapter does not support it. You can post those credentials only in the HTTP adapter. Plus passing user credentials in the URL is not safety/best practice in Web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guess I am wrong, It seems like we can not add User ID and Password to SOAP Adapter URL, It can only be added to SOAP URL for Integration Integration Engine.

Thanks Baskar for correcting me .

SOAP adapter does not support it

Ofcourse you can add User ID and Pwd

Please see the below blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

@Siva,

Please check the question "I get an authorization error "401 Unauthorized" from the adapter's servlet. What went wrong?"

in SAP Note 856597

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Apr 8, 2011 5:13 PM

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Apr 8, 2011 5:21 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

You can add user name only to the IE url

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you login to ESR and ID with your login details?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I can login with those credentials.

Thanks,

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try one thing, create the SOAP Adapter URL without adding User ID and Password in it.

Call this URL from a sender application (SOAP UI, altova etc), it should give a pop-up for User ID and password, give those and the see if it connects.

Thanks

Aamir