cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to install MDM 7.1 SP6, IDES system (ECC 6.0 EHP3) is already installed on that server, database is Oracle, Unix is Linux . I have few questions before i start the installation

1. Do I need to install new database for MDM system? or can i use IDES system's database?

2. Do i need to install Netweaver Java Stack ?

Please let me know the answers for the above questions ...

Thanks in advance......

Regards,

Srini K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. AFAIK, you can use the same DB as IDES system. A new mxmc_DB schema will be created after MDM installation.

2. Install JAVA if you want to access MDM applications through portal. If yes, then you need to install the MDM connector in the portal.

Refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/43/1346e0ca856f40e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

Thanks for the information.....

Will i be prompted for the DB name during the installation, Should i give ECC DB name ?

Can i use the java stack of the ECC system ?Or should i install a new Portal system ?

Thanks,

Srini K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default it should take mxmc_db as the DB schema name. No, do not specify the ECC system name for the DB name while installing MDM.

First of all, do you need the MDM applications integrated in portal? If yes, Does the java stack of the ECC system have portal in it? If not, install a new portal based on your requirement.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soujanya,

Thanks for the information, I am new to MDM trying to understand it.

When will the new schema created in ECC database ? and how to connect MDM to ECC db?

Java stack on my ECC does nto have portal, I am thinking that Java stack is necessary to use MDM ... Is there any other way to use MDM(with out Portal system) ?

Note - We are NOT planning to install SRM systems, our landsape has ECC EP and PI systems ...

Thanks,

Srini K

Answers (0)