cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freegoods determination

bijuthomas5
Explorer
0 Kudos

The client has a requirement that if materia A and material B AS PAID Goods and matrial c as a freegoods.how to determine this .Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

1) In standard Sap as we read it is possible only one to one free of same materials 2) If you want to give free materials depending on material quantity please maintain a custom table and there maintain free materials bring that data depending on main material selection 3) Here you have to copy that material and paste in sales order creation screen 4) maintain sales BOM is not a right idea because that scheme may change for every 15 days or monthly once . As the above link Rohan suggested. Inform your client this procedure an convince them . Post if you need more help in this.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: madhurao123 on Apr 11, 2011 6:42 PM

bijuthomas5
Explorer
0 Kudos

dear expert,

can you sent me the exact procedure?It will be a great help to me.

Kind Regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bjt,

IF i understood your requirement cannot be fulfilled in SAP as there are some limitations in terms of free goods.If your client agrees u can configure one to one free goods,like 5 pcs of A item gives 1 pcs of C and similarly 5pcs of B gives 1 pcs of C.If u want to get this result you have to configure a condition technique.

But i have seen some of our friends advicing you to use BOM and i don't think Bom is going to help you the requirement which u have asked for.There are two item category grps in BOM ERLA,LUMF in which the material is classified.In ERLA only the main component is charged and in LUMF only components will be charged.

Regards,

Ramesh.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BJT,

Ask your abap people to create a Ztable. In that maintain serial no,Prime material,quantity ,second material, quantity,third material quantity like wise maintain in the ztable. Now create one custom report in that write in code such way which will multiply the second material quantity depending on prime material quantity.In initial stage in report maintain all the logic.Post if need more help need in this.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BOM to link 2 A and B, then create Free good detemination with that BOM.

Rgds,

bijuthomas5
Explorer
0 Kudos

my requirement is the quandity of a and quandity of b should get addaed and c should come as the freegood.KINDLY HELP WITH EXACT PROCEDURE.

bijuthomas5
Explorer
0 Kudos

If i use bom one item will become main item and the other item will become a sub item.i want both material a and b as main items and their quandity nshould get added and as a result a freegooditem should come up.Kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Their are some limitation in SAP Free Good Determination. one of those limitation is that you can give one type of material as free good with other type or same type of goods.

Your problem can solved by using some development in your condition records table or in the header program of order document.

The 2nd way may be using the text which will pop up everytime the order is placed, you can manually process the free goods.

Edited by: suhas.ram on Apr 9, 2011 6:24 AM

bijuthomas5
Explorer
0 Kudos

can you give one example.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Only User Exit is the options as the this is not std process. Or have the new routine in the pricing for not to change if the materila is C.

Rdg,

Mauryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard functionality for 1:n Free goods as already said by other members. I had a same requirement and for this I developed a ztable and maintained the combinations with free goods along with item category in that table.

There was one module pool program with selection criteria and for a perticular selection criteria it would pull out the free goods from the ztable along with the item category. Now the down side of this is that you will have to manually copy the free material along with its qty and item cat and paste it in your sales order. Another disadvantage is that u will not get a pop up in the sales order and have to manually check for every material everytime u create an order from that ztable. This can be over come by advising the client to go for a .net front end for sales order creation.

When a .net front end is used with a combination of the above said logic, then a BAPI would be triggered to check in the table and copy it in the sales order.

But this is a very lengthy enhancement that will take a lot of time. I have spent almost 3-4months on this single enhancement. So check with your client if this is practically possible, else I guess you will have to go for IS-Retails if I am not wrong to fulfill this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pricing procedure for the free goods should contain the condition type R100 which is the free goods condition type. This condition type in the pricing procedure has requirement as 55 and base type 28.

55 means only if the item is Free Goods then only value of R100 to be used in Calculation. Value = Controlled by ALT Condition Base Value 28 which states that discount should be 100%.

Modify this requirement 55.

Mauryan.