Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP TO RFC . Issue in updating the fields in BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI experts ,

This is SOAP TO RFC scenario .

THe Source is an dtd (create PO ) schema provided by external partners .

The Target is : BAPI : BAPI_PO_CREATE1 , a standard BAPI used to craete PO in SAP .

I need to map the below source fields to the BAPI Fields:

1. ReferenceTypeCodedOther>ACC_STR</ReferenceTypeCodedOther> then <RefNum>1000</RefNum> ->

2. <ReferenceTypeCodedOther>G_L_ACCT</ReferenceTypeCodedOther> then RefNum>5423100</RefNum>

3. <ReferenceTypeCodedOther>COST_CTR</ReferenceTypeCodedOther> then <RefNum>313</RefNum>

4. ReferenceTypeCoded>AccountCategory</ReferenceTypeCoded> then <RefNum>ZNCC</RefNum>

-I have changed the context of the "Ref NUm" to -ReferenceTypeCoded ( Main Node)

2. Lets take an example of 2 :"

iF <ReferenceTypeCodedOther> = G_L_ACCT , Then RefNum (5423100<) -> Leading zero function (to make it 10 digits) =GL_ACCOUNT field of BAPI

here i have used , if ReferenceTypeCodedOther <> SUBSTRING (0-7) <Equals text> G_L_ACCT then <RefNum> LeadingZero Function with constant 10 -> GL_ACCOUNT (Field of BAPI)

Similarly this logic should get applied for all the other 3 conditions

But when i used the substring , it throws an error : Error:

Exception:[java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.TextFunctions method substring[,

I tried creating this Java function: to extract the string, but this throws an error of Java container

Does anyone hve a simple solution . Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Vara

-

public String Extract_String(String a,Container container){

//write your code here

// u201Cau201D is your input that is reference field

boolean flag=false;

if ((a.contains("ACC_STR"))|| (a.contains("G_L_ACCT "))||( a.contains("COST_CTR"))||(a.contains("AccountCategory")))

{

flag = true;

}

return flag;

}

with Java.lang.* --- > imported , but this throws an error

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>But when i used the substring , it throws an error : Error:

Exception:java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1 in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.TextFunctions method substring

I believe you code as substring(0,7) not substring(0-7)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar ,

The Issue got solved , I used a java function : To exatrct the string comparing the : String value which I provide as Input .

This function inturn consolidate the value and will pass it one context (PO_ACCOUNT ) of BAPI .

I used this code by changing the CONSTANT :(VALUE ) for other 3 conditions mentioned in my query.

Java function:

For Cost Centre(COST_CTR) field of BAPI:

public void Value(String[] a,String[] b,ResultList result,Container container){

Java IMport :java.lang.String;java.lang.*;

//write your code here

int m= a.length;

int n= b.length;

String s="COST_CTR";

for (int i=0; i<m ;i++)

{

if(a<i>.equals(s))

{