cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Studio Problems

0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

Somehow I ruined my Developer Studio implementation. Every time when I want to create a new Web Dynpro Application configuration (so that I can start the application). I got following error message:

<b>No tab group defined to launch configuration type com.sap.ide.webdynpro.projectbrowser.launch.configtype.</b>

It also that I don't see any existing configuration. I uninstalled my complete development environment and installed it new but keep getting the error message. Does anyone knows what I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help ...

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michaelwenz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

please try to delete the configuration folder in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<Your user ID>\.sapnetweaver\ . This folder contains configuration data created by the IDE. Maybe the content got mixed up for your installation. The folder will be re-created when the IDE is started the next time.

Regards, Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael!

Thanks for your answer. I just found some hours ago the problem. It was the way you descripted. The problem is when a uninstall is made this folder are not removed. And if it already exist it will not be created again during the installation process. But now everthing works fine.

Bye Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same error but i do not find any folder named configuration in the path mentioned. Also there is nothing like .sapnetweaver folder... I am working on NWDS 7.0.06.

Any inputs would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anushree,

you will find a folder with name .metadata.inside that you will have .config folder.take a backup of that and remove that and restart your NWDS.if it still doesnot work remove entire .metadata folder and restart NWDS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

0 Kudos

thanks a lot for this input, i'm starting with this and this was very helpful.

I know this is an old post but thanks again

Answers (0)