cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Approach to Design the WDA portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need your suggestion on the approach on designing the WDA portal. We have to design a portal in WDA , where around 8 developers will be involved. Since it is a huge portal we need many resource( I am not sure about exact number., may be we can do it with 6 also!).

Following could be the approach.

Approach 1: Divide the portal in sub processes and handover the each process to specific team group( which could be one or two developers), and the respective team will be responsible for complete WDA development. So complete MVC will be designed by one team and then finally we can integrate the all different processes to form final portal.

Approach 2: Divide the team in a such way that, one team will be responsible for development of API (So business logic). And other team will be responsible for the component and view development, which would use this business logic to develop WDA application.

Right now we can think of these two approach ( We are on a premature stage of project). So If someone has experience in handling WDA project with large number of team member, it would be great help from their side, if they can share their approach.

Also this could be useful for other members to design a project with WDA .

Thanks & Regards

PG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With FPM Things become simpler to manage.

So i would suggest design your WD Components using FPM.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At first I have to say that I don't have expirience in big projects in WDA, but since no one has answered you yet, I though that I could share with you what's on my mind.

If I were you than I would go rather after 2) because you will omitt problems with integration of many different components that may turn out not to fit at the end of project (and usually there is not much time left for corrections) and you will have consistent API.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin ,

Thanks for your reply.

I think your point sounds rasonable. I would really appreciate some other exprts to provide their view on it. And I sure this would be useful for lot of other members to design thier projects.

Thanks

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

PG,

There are no standard rule but we do mostly like this.

1. Try to build a Piramide diagram consisting in the bottom the most reusable components upwards to the components with UI for applications.

2. The Bottom components which are to be developed first.

3. Develop the business components/Assistance classes which are going to be used by the bottom components or UI components.

3. The visual components are to be developed based on the availability of the dependent components.

In our project we do everything with in our team, multi discipline. ABAP OO,WDA,Portal etc.